Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DJT in your portfolio - the first two funds reporting (edited)

Comments

• Guess he knows his TS stock is a joke, b/c this morning he started hawking collectible 'Trump Coins' to his flock in what can only be described as a very weak and emotionless internet video.
  • @hank Not sure but couldn't it fall to zero if all shares were up for sale and the highest bid was zero (or no bids)? Also, if the stock closed in penniless?
  • edited September 21
    Anna said:

@hank Not sure but couldn't it fall to zero if all shares were up for sale and the highest bid was zero (or no bids)? Also, if the stock closed in penniless?

+1 @Anna / You are correct. I kinda sensed that after I posted but let it stay up. Actually, I’m wondering if this thing (DJT) could possibly ever have a negative value? (More debt than assets)? But I’ve never ever heard of shareholders having to cover the debt in such a situation. ISTM Trump is an expert at bankruptcy and so would figure it all out.

• @hank 's question is a variation on the ancient mathematical question: if you stand a certain distance (say 10 feet) away from a wall and you keep decreasing your distance to the wall by half, how long will it take you to get to the wall?

A: You will never get to the wall, because there will always be some space between you and the wall, no matter how small.
  • edited September 21
    +1 @Old_Joe

That’s reassuring. Therefore, no one’s portfolio should ever fall all the way to 0. :)
  • edited September 21
    Sho' nuff, bro. Though, with portfolios "close" does count
    :)

• Down 10% today and now $12.15 in today's AH trading..... it's still $12 over-valued, imho.

For context, today's volume was ~19.2m shares, the average is ~9m.
  • @rforno - you're being too kind.
  • "Where are the immigrants from Springfield to take care of this dead cat bounce?"

LOL - thank you, Yahoo finance message boards.
  • Any one intetested in WBA (Walgreens) at $8.30, with a dividend yield of nearly 12% (Yahoo Finance)?
  • edited September 27
    From Heather Cox Richardson today:

"Trump might also be concerned about money. After recently putting commemorative coins on the market, today he advertised Trump watches at prices from $499 to $100,000, although the fine print specified that the watches in the ad might not “be an exact representation of the final product.” "

Anyone want to guess where they might be made and what the tariff will be?

And in keeping with staying on topic also from HCR:

"But stock in Trump Media & Technology Group, the parent of his Truth Social, has been falling and is now about 82% less valuable than it was in March when it debuted. Today a new regulatory filing showed that one of the biggest investors in the company has sold more than 7.5 million shares, or about 4% of the company’s outstanding shares. Trump owns about 60%."

Info on the sale by the NYT.
  • Mark said:

From Heather Cox Richardson today:

"Trump might also be concerned about money. After recently putting commemorative coins on the market, today he advertised Trump watches at prices from $499 to $100,000, although the fine print specified that the watches in the ad might not “be an exact representation of the final product.” "

Anyone want to guess where they might be made and what the tariff will be?

And in keeping with staying on topic also from HCR:

"But stock in Trump Media & Technology Group, the parent of his Truth Social, has been falling and is now about 82% less valuable than it was in March when it debuted. Today a new regulatory filing showed that one of the biggest investors in the company has sold more than 7.5 million shares, or about 4% of the company’s outstanding shares. Trump owns about 60%."

Info on the sale by the NYT.

He says people can't buy bacon and things they need but then begs them to please buy his chintzy stuff that they don't need. Does anybody see the logical disconnect here in MAGA-land? Oh right, it's a cult, and logic doesn't apply there. Nevermind.

Relatedly, speaking of the watches:
    https://www.thebulwark.com/p/everything-you-never-wanted-to-know
  • @rforno- Thank you very much for that link. I'm going to invest in a dozen of those high-end $100,000 versions. I'm sure that in just a few months their worth will be a lot different than what I'll pay for them!
  • edited September 27
    I think I saw a guy hawking those watches inTimes Square for $9.95 a couple months ago. Probably be able to grab one for under $5 next time out. Yes, thanks @rforno for the link.
  • @hank- You're so cynical!
  • Trump wrist watch...........Ebay sold listings
    This list is set to the most current sale/sold and one may scroll the list for more sold items. The listings include a wide variety of related watches. The list will continue to update for the most recently sold.
  • He's got to hit them hard now. If he doesn't win in Nov what do you think he'll be able to sell then? He has a small "fleece them" one more time window,
  • gman57 said:

He has a small "fleece them" one more time window,

Let's hope that window closes in another 38 days.

• edited September 28
    A primo grifter like that will never stop trying. He'll need the money to pay for all the lawsuits.

• - Did I mention that the Trump Victory can’t get wet? From the Trump website: “The Tourbillon watches are not intended for water exposure.”

Everything You Never Wanted to Know About the Trump Watch
  • Interesting that bacon & eggs are too expensive but these trinkets/shiny beads are just what one needs.
  • Where are these watches made? A mystery.
    It's unclear where the watches are being manufactured or the maker, with the website only noting that the Trump timepieces "are not designed, manufactured, distributed or sold by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their respective affiliates or principals."

A company called TheBestWatchesonEarth LLC, which is licensing Trump's name for the watches, lists its address as a suite located in a building in Sheridan, Wyoming, the same address as the company selling Trump's $499 sneakers. The suite is near a Wendy's fast-food location and Sherwin-Williams paint store.
  • You have spoiled my Xmas shopping plans. Had planned on giving three watches to my daughters’ husbands/partner. I had forgotten about the shoes, which must surely have a good provenance befitting such high-quality footware. First I have to pull some $ out of my Roth.
  • Since DJT has no substantial underlying value, is the daily stock price really more an indicator of his current presidential election odds?

Freaks me out when it nudges higher. If he loses next month, does DJT go to $1 by Thanksgiving (gobble gobble)?
  • @JD_co,

I think for an objective evaluation, the wagers at IBKR (see link below) and https://www.predictit.org/ are a better indication than DJT stock price.

https://forecasttrader.interactivebrokers.com/en/home.php
  • Experts are warning that a recent contract to supply Oklahoma’s Department of Education with an estimated 55,000 bibles might actually represent a breach of state law. That’s after the contract’s exacting specifications came to light—and they only really seem to favor one version: Lee Greenwood’s God Bless the U.S.A. Bible, often referred to as the Trump Bible for its endorsement from the former president himself.

At $60 a pop, the contract would net its publisher something in the region of $3.3 million, with some of that going back to Donald Trump in fees. “It appears to me that this bid is anything but competitive,” former state Attorney General Drew Edmondson told The Oklahoman on Friday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-bible-is-one-of-the-only-versions-approved-for-oklahoma-schools
  • Oh man, let's give the guy a break here. You people are so negative.
  • @Old_Joe is right, of course. Doesn’t everybody need a side hustle to make ends meet these days?