Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DJT in your portfolio - the first two funds reporting (edited)

14567810»

Comments

• If DT wins, the first thing I’ll do is check this thread to see the reaction.

https://npr.brightspotcdn.com/legacy/sites/wyprmain/files/201611/sad-clinton-10.jpg
  • chang said:

If DT wins, the first thing I’ll do is check this thread to see the reaction.

https://npr.brightspotcdn.com/legacy/sites/wyprmain/files/201611/sad-clinton-10.jpg

If DT wins, will you move back from Europe to Boston?
  • JD_co said:

Experts are warning that a recent contract to supply Oklahoma’s Department of Education with an estimated 55,000 bibles might actually represent a breach of state law. That’s after the contract’s exacting specifications came to light—and they only really seem to favor one version: Lee Greenwood’s God Bless the U.S.A. Bible, often referred to as the Trump Bible for its endorsement from the former president himself.

At $60 a pop, the contract would net its publisher something in the region of $3.3 million, with some of that going back to Donald Trump in fees. “It appears to me that this bid is anything but competitive,” former state Attorney General Drew Edmondson told The Oklahoman on Friday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-bible-is-one-of-the-only-versions-approved-for-oklahoma-schools

Tell me you're [ VERB ] without telling me you're [VERB]ing.

VERB: Sucking-up, laundering money, making illegal campaign contributions, grifting etc, etc.

• At $60 a pop, the contract would net its publisher something in the region of $3.3 million, with some of that going back to Donald Trump in fees. “It appears to me that this bid is anything but competitive,” former state Attorney General Drew Edmondson told The Oklahoman on Friday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-bible-is-one-of-the-only-versions-approved-for-oklahoma-schools

Tell me you're [ VERB ] without telling me you're [VERB]ing.

VERB: Sucking-up, laundering money, making illegal campaign contributions, grifting etc, etc.

Yup. Along the same lines:
  • edited October 5
    @Chang comment made me realize that a good portfolio management requires contemplating the possibility of a narrow DJT loss.

I have been sleep walking thinking my portfolio will be fine with either candidate winning.
  • Out portfolios may be fine but our country sure as hell won't be depending upon who wins.
  • not to worry, people
  • edited October 6
    d
  • One law for him, another for the rest of us. Bollocks.
  • DJT UP over 17% today !!! I don't own any !
  • rforno said:

Down 10% today and now $12.15 in today's AH trading..... it's still $12 over-valued, imho.

For context, today's volume was ~19.2m shares, the average is ~9m.

Up 110% since this post. Could this thread predict future price movement?
  • AMC was trading near $566 a few years ago....now trades at $4.
    Gamestop was trading at $81 a few years ago...now trades at $21.
    BBBY traded at $16 a few years ago...now its gone.

DJT was trading as high as $79 this year....but where should it be trading? I believe @rforno's $0.15 would be fair value.

DJT belongs in the meme pile.
  • Via Mediaite:

Investors and day traders apparently did not like what they heard from former President Donald Trump on Tuesday.

Trump gave a whirlwind interview with Bloomberg Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait on Tuesday, during which the ex-president once again promoted tariffs as an economic panacea, slammed the Federal Reserve, gave irrelevant responses, and told his interlocutor, “You’ve been wrong all your life on this stuff.”

The interview began at 12:49 p.m. ET and lasted until 1:53 p.m. ET. When it started, shares of Trump Media & Technology Group – the company that owns Trump’s Truth Social platform – were trading at $32.74 – above the opening price of $32.19. By the time Trump was done taking questions, the stock was down modestly to $31.89 before giving way to a precipitous downward move that saw the price bottom out at $25.16. About 90 minutes before the closing bell, shares rallied somewhat and ended the day at $27.06, losing $5.13 a share for the session. The wild moves prompted an automatic halt in trading on the NASDAQ.
  • I never listen to the guy on purpose but today I was on bloomberg and noticed that they are interviewing him. So, decided to give it a go. I recommend listening / watching the interview if a recording is available - does not matter whether you like / care for the guy / his message or not - at the least you get to see the audience reaction.

As much a gambler I am, his stock is out of my realm.
  • edited October 16
    I listened to most of the Bloomberg interview. It lasted over an hour. I felt Micklethwait did a poor job fact-checking / holding Trump accountable on a variety of issues. I posted some of my reactions in off topic. Just my own observation. Others may / will disagree. The setting was in front of members of the “Chicago Economic Club” in Chicago. There was a pro-Trump bias in the audience from the start. But I do not think that materially affected the interview.

What the news outlets seized on was Micklethwait’s holding Trump “to the fire” on issues surrounding his conversations with Vladimir Putin - particularly the issue of sending Putin covid testing equipment during the pandemic. Trump back-peddled a bit and refused to say whether or not he’d had any discussions with Putin. The media picked up on this as being inconsistent with his earlier flat denials. Yes, this could have moved the price of Trump Media today.

I’m wondering if Trump Media might have been affected by today’s ruling by a Georgia judge that the Republican imposed “hand count” rule cannot be implemented. The process will revert back to that previously used. This is being viewed as a negative for Trump who might have benefited from the resulting chaos and delay. I just posted an excerpt re this ruling from the WSJ in off topic.

You are right that gambling has nothing to do with elections. But we are a nation of gamblers. And I will tell you that the professional odds-makers are quite accurate. If they predict the total runs scored in a a BB game will be 7 or 9 or 5 chances are they are very close to the actual number. Don’t ask me how they know. I’d put the betting odds right up there with the polls as an indication of how the election might turn.
  • As of now, DJT is up 15% for the day. As @hank mentioned, I would look at the betting sites more than this stock price as a sentiment indicator.
  • Just a side note, the MFO board is not the only ones watching this circus. For the last 3-4 weeks it seems like the stock has been featured in at least one article/day in Barrons.