Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DJT in your portfolio - the first two funds reporting (edited)

Comments

• rforno said:

Old_Joe said:

Well, at least all of this may serve to take Trump's mind off of the jury selection as he sits there...

If he can stay awake long enough to ponder it, of course. His fave NYT reporter said he kept dozing off earlier today.
    I'm sure he is just "meditating" - while recalling some of his favorite quotes from the Bible. He reads it a lot, ya know.

• Nasdaq HQ in Times Square is real.
  • JD_co said:

rforno said:

Old_Joe said:

Well, at least all of this may serve to take Trump's mind off of the jury selection as he sits there...

If he can stay awake long enough to ponder it, of course. His fave NYT reporter said he kept dozing off earlier today.
    I'm sure he is just "meditating" - while recalling some of his favorite quotes from the Bible. He reads it a lot, ya know.

That's a good one! :-)
  • Cohen finally got religion re: the Orange Disgrace. Too many others cannot admit to themselves that they have backed an immoral clown doink. And so we find ourselves with the two presumptive major Party candidates, neck-and-neck. This country used to be capable of doing great things.
  • edited April 15
    Down another 3% after hours- brings today to -22%. Now $25 and change. My oh my.
  • rforno said:

BOOM.

Buried deep in the prospectus, in the list of 'Selling Shareholders' Donald J. Trump​ is listed as making 114,750,000 shares available under this offering at that insanely-deflated strike price. We all knew it was a matter of time before he would try and dump his shares to raise cash.

I wonder how many other shares he might indirectly hold thru some of the entities listed there as well.

Serious question...how does he legally get away with doing this?
  • From another discussion board:

"Want to hear something really crazy about this: "36 million earnout shares which may be earned by Trump based on the performance of DJT's shares of common stock". The shares have already been earned because the calculation for performance was volume weighted and in the first week of trading there was huge volume at high prices.

According to the SEC filing, the prospectus relates to the offer and sale from time to time by the selling securityholders of 146.11 million common shares, including 114.75 million common shares held by former President Donald Trump. This prospectus is not an offer to sell these securities.

The 114.75 million common shares held by Trump consist of 78.75 million shares of common stock received by Trump upon the consummation of the business combination in exchange of private TMTG shares held by Trump, and 36 million earnout shares which may be earned by Trump based on the performance of DJT's shares of common stock.

Trump holds approximately 58% of outstanding shares of Trump Media (DJT).

According to Trump Media (DJT), it will not receive any proceeds of sale of shares of common stock or warrants by holders." - bidtheroll

"The 6 month lock-up period is still in place. My guess is that this filing may be in anticipation of the board and underwriters waiving the lock up period. You can bet if the lock up period is waived, the stock will crash bigly.

Clips from the S-1 below: The second clip indicates that the basis in the shares by the current shareholder is 1 cent!

Approximate date of commencement of proposed sale to the public: From time to time after this Registration Statement becomes effective.If any of the securities being registered on this Form are to be offered on a delayed or continuous basis pursuant to Rule 415 under the Securities Act of 1933 check the following box: ☒

The sale of the Resale Securities, or the perception that these sales could occur, could depress the market price of our Common Stock. Despite a decline in price, our Selling Securityholders may still experience a positive rate of return on the shares of Common Stock purchased by them due to the lower price per share at which such shares of Common Stock were purchased as referenced above. While these Selling Securityholders may, on average, experience a positive rate of return based on the current market price, public securityholders may not experience a similar rate of return on the shares of Common Stock they purchased if there is such a decline in price and due to differences in the purchase prices and the current market price. For example, based on the closing price of $32.59 per share on April 12, 2024, ARC and certain other Selling Securityholders may receive potential profits of up to $32.58 per share of Common Stock.

We are an “emerging growth company” and a “smaller reporting company” under the federal securities laws and are subject to reduced public company reporting requirements." - Also by bidtheroll

Link to Edgar S-1 filing:
  • IIRC he only gets those extra 30m shares if the price is above 17.50 for a certain period of time. Based on recent price action, that floor may be breached in a few weeks. LOL

Interestingly in their (original?) prospectus they say they don't track or report 'metrics' that 'would be normally expected of companies in their line of work' (eg, standard data/metrics for social media companies such as MAUs, engagements, etc) -- which should've raised suspicions of ANYONE with a clue who was remotely thinking of investing into them.

• IIRC he only gets those extra 30m shares if the price is above 17.50 for a certain period of time. Based on recent price action, that floor may be breached in a few weeks. LOL

Not a chance that those shares will not be granted. As @Mark wrote above:
    The shares have already been earned because the calculation for performance was volume weighted and in the first week of trading there was huge volume at high prices.
    From the SPAC merger proxy statement/prospectus :
    The Earnout Shares shall be earned and payable during the Earnout Period as follows:
    • if the dollar volume-weighted average price (“VWAP”) of New Digital World common stock equals or exceeds $12.50 per share for any 20 trading days within any 30 trading day period, New Digital World shall issue to the former TMTG stockholders an additional 15,000,000 Earnout Shares;
    • if the VWAP of New Digital World common stock equals or exceeds $15.00 per share for any 20 trading days within any 30 trading day period, New Digital World shall issue to the former TMTG stockholders an additional 15,000,000 Earnout Shares; and
    • if the VWAP of New Digital World common stock equals or exceeds $17.50 per share for any 20 trading days within any 30 trading day period, New Digital World shall issue to the former TMTG stockholders an additional 10,000,000 Earnout Shares.
    https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1849635/000119312524038590/d408563d424b4.htm

Post merger, Digital World became Trump Media.
  • Can each of you please send me your mailing address so I can send each of you a free Trumpinator Bobble Head to put on your bookshelf.

Thank you,

Baseball Fan
  • Trump Bobble Heads! So that's where you made your money. That explains a lot.
  • Even though it's down another 14$ to $22 and change as of 3PM, I'm sure the stock will go back up to the moon and beyond now that they've announced a streaming service!

"The streaming content is expected to focus on live TV including news networks, religious channels, family-friendly content including films and documentaries; and other content that has been cancelled, is at risk of cancellation, or is being suppressed on other platforms and services."

IMO, it sounds just like the 700 Club or Fox Noise Nation ....
  • edited April 16

Can each of you please send me your mailing address so I can send each of you a free Trumpinator Bobble Head to put on your bookshelf.

Baseball Fan

No Tump Bobble-Head! Thank you. But I’ll take a Stormy Daniels one if you got any.
  • edited April 16

Can each of you please send me your mailing address so I can send each of you a free Trumpinator Bobble Head to put on your bookshelf.

Thank you,

Baseball Fan

LOL. Not much on bobble heads. How about a gnome for the garden?

Nobody gets to crowd my Whitey Herzog gnome on the bookshelf. RIP Whitey.
  • DJT volume is a bit higher today, and the price is also up. All this on a down session for stocks. Keep hearing that the option premiums are too expensive to effectively short this pile of ****, so it can't be a short squeeze.

I smell a rat - an old, sleepy, orange (sprayed) rat....who is quite busy with a "hush money" trial this week.
  • DJT has filed instructions on how to prevent shorting of the stock.
    2 steps are common and typical - move stock to the cash side (from the margin side), discontinue securities lending program.
    2 other steps mentioned may have fees - moving stock to the transfer agent or bank.
    https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/0001849635/000114036124020401/ny20026576x5_8k.htm
  • DJT has filed instructions on how to prevent shorting of the stock.

Ah, of course they did. So maybe a squeeze after all. Thanks, YBB.

• edited April 18

DJT has filed instructions on how to prevent shorting of the stock.
    2 steps are common and typical - move stock to the cash side (from the margin side), discontinue securities lending program.
    2 other steps mentioned may have fees - moving stock to the transfer agent or bank.
    https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/0001849635/000114036124020401/ny20026576x5_8k.htm

That's not something you see every day. Methinks there's a sense of panic in the air......as there should be when promoting a meme stock with zero (or even negative) fundamentals.

Too funny.

Edit: Here's their IR FAQ page with guidance. LOL

https://ir.tmtgcorp.com/faq/
  • That Q&A says something to the effect that in a securities lending, if the price of stock decreases brokerages make money and the investors in the stock do not. How does the brokerage making money is contingent on price of stock lent going down? Also, it is not true that investors participating in the securities lending program do not make money. I signed up for the program and Fido shares with me the earnings from lending my securities. Other brokerages share as well.

P.S.: sorry I could not copy and paste the exact text from the filing.
  • edited April 19
    A new complaint about naked-short-selling filed by DJT.

"Reports indicate that, as of April 3, 2024, DJT was “by far” “the most expensive U.S. stock to short,” meaning that brokers have a significant financial incentive to lend non-existent shares.2 Data made available to us indicate that just four market participants have been responsible for over 60% of the extraordinary volume of DJT shares traded: Citadel Securities, VIRTU Americas, G1 Execution Services, and Jane Street Capital."

https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/0001849635/000114036124020575/ny20026576x6_8k.htm

Basically, to short a stock, one must borrow it first. Naked-short-selling means to short a stock without borrowing it first. It has been banned in the US since the GFC - before, there were some permissible situations by broker-dealers.
  • As I said, there's panic in the air @ DJT right now....

*makes more popcorn*
  • Is this the trump derangement syndrome thread or is that located elsewhere?

Asking for a friend

• edited April 20

Is this the trump derangement syndrome thread or is that located elsewhere?
    Asking for a friend

I would not say DJT "investors" are deranged!
    They are most likely just uninformed and biased.
  • Off the meds again there BF? Maybe you want to try ayahuasca. Works great according to Aaron Rodger's a similar wackadoodle.
  • Per the stable genius himself, one could try injecting disinfectants to cure themselves of any ailments.
  • Who's the more 'deranged' -- the person expressing rational opinions, fact-based information, who can disagree without being disagreeable, and engages in civil discourse or the one blindly treating a single person as if they walk on water and who is unable to process even the slightest views (or facts!) that differ from their perspectives w/o lashing out and feeling personally attacked by it?

The whole 'TDS' thing would be amusing if it wasn't so dangerous to democracy and society. It daresay it may well replace Godwin's Law when analysing internet discussions if it hasn't already.
  • @Mark...c'mon man, you are hitting below the belt now...bringing up Aaron Rodgers...don't you know I'm a Bears fan?

• I cannot remember any company that within a month of its IPO is begging Congress (let alone market makers) to save its falling share price. Apparently their CEO (a former GQP congresscritter) believes that 'free markets' are great only when you can profit from them -- which is par for the course with these people.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/24/devin-nunes-trump-media-stock-congress-00154054
  • Nunes = P.O.S.