Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buy Sell Why: ad infinitum.

1363738394042»

Comments

• Bought 1000s Spire-A shares for income ... callable in October.

Bought 500s TRP following yesterday's shareholder vote on Southbow spinoff. Not sure I'll keep the spinoff shares but I like TC's pipeline footprint.

(I may move PBA and TRP over to my new Fido account if they'll let me reinvest Canadian dividends, which Schwab won't.)
  • added a little to my positions in GRID NLR and started a small position in KMI to take advantage of long term ( ie 2030 and beyond) need for electricity for AI etc.

Most of what I read says renewables will not be reliable enough and will need lots of natural gas
  • edited June 5
    Chop. Chop. Building cash for infrastructure outlays. Hurts to sell - but also a good time.
  • Not sure how we can keep pulling up the market without software names and small caps going up. Sold small cap software names and bought industrial value to keep equity constant but unwittingly this further reduced my tech exposure below market weight.
  • BaluBalu said:

Not sure how we can keep pulling up the market without software names and small caps going up.

Fund-flows into the S&P500 and QQQ's seem to supply an endless line of buyers into the mega cap names represented within those indexes. I'm being more cautious now however.
  • Hi guys,
    Opened a position in Hack a while back. So far so good. I want to say this is a long term hold. Will add on weakness.

God bless
    the Pudd
  • Holding. Waiting for a further drop, to buy anything. SP500 Record? Not seeing it in my stuff. Doggy poopies. BHB div. today. Nice. Next divvy due is in July: BCE.
  • Roy
    edited June 14
    So, as I shared back at the end of March that I had moved some cash that had been sitting in a MM fund to some LT Treasuries, PRULX & EDV. What a ride that turned out to be. I sold all into the rally yesterday now that the Fed announced they'll be cutting rates not as much, or at all this year. My total return was actually positive, just barely, like .7%.

Stashed some of the proceeds back in the MM, gave Giroux and TRAIX some of the proceeds as well. Today I added to our existing position in Mastercard and added Microsoft to our individual stock holdings.
  • edited June 15
    I established a full position in DODIX on Friday using funds from a MM. Original plans were to purchase an allocation fund, but equities appear to be just too pricey at the moment, even though the outperformance is uneven in nature. This takes the fixed income proportion to 15%.
  • @PRESSmUP Why no T-bill or cds ?
  • Derf said:

@PRESSmUP Why no T-bill or cds ?

No specific reason. My current positions have good coverage within the FI space, provide a healthy distribution, good opportunity for capital appreciation, and liquidity if needed. I spent a fair amount of time examining the funds, so I'm pretty pleased with the folks managing the money.

• Sold 25% of my AVGO position.
  • Added to PDI for income.
  • BCE is at a Low-point not seen since April. Bought a few more. Ex-date on div. was this past Friday. One of the three Canadian legacy phone companies. It's also a Media company these days, too. If it never does much in terms of share price, it's still a cash-cow. The pay-date schedule is Jan-April-July-Oct. 8.76% yield. But the current payout ratio cannot continue forever.
  • edited June 17
    Added to current positions - PRCFX, RSIIX, RCTIX, OSTIX in IRA accounts.
  • Mark said:

Added to PDI for income.

Hey @Mark,

I have never owned a CEF and noticed that PDI has a high distribution ratio, 14.23% per M*. Is this payout ratio the result of leverage employed by the fund and does it also include return of principal?
  • I can't imagine any 14% payout without a hefty ROP component. Or maybe a Bernie Madoff component.
  • @Roy - Yes the fund uses leverage. I'm unfamiliar with the term ROP. If you meant to say ROC (Return of Capital) there isn't any at this time (past year) and there has been very little if any during the course of its existence.

PIMCO Dynamic Income Fund