Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Thursday's to-do list

[ ] Tell Ted to stop gaming the system by bumping himself; remind him of a long ago promise made after an earlier unpleasantness

[ ] Tell OJ to stop posting private messages in public; offer him a list of exotic vegetables that he could suggest that his antagonists kiss

[ ] thank other members of the board for their tolerance and thoughtful attempts to mediate

[ ] write another 2,000 words for April issue

[ ] teach Propaganda (British, against American neutrality, 1914-17)

[ ] get on with life.

Comments

• edited March 2019
    Thx sir.. You are the best...several bad apples does not make the whole Pot bad.. Pls don't forget to plant flowers for spring
  • I think that Old_Skeet had the right idea... I'm declaring a truce.

Thanks, David
    OJ
  • edited March 2019
    [ ] Tell JonN to examine his own apple for wormholes and bruises.

[ ] Tell Lewis and everyone to do the same.
  • [ ] Limiting the number of messages, links that have nothing to do with funds or investing, especially those that have a political agenda
  • edited March 2019
    Exhibit One: Ted's obvious desire to continue his attempts to set the rules and dominate MFO while completely ignoring David's request to stop gaming the system.

Well, I tried.

Additional:

Ted's stubborn recalcitrance prompts me to explain why I brought this situation to public attention, and why I chose to quote excerpts from the private messages:

• Ted's threat: "I'm going to ask David to ban you from the board". meant that he would be contacting David. It's obvious that Ted would not be mentioning to David the genesis for this whole affair: His gaming of the "Discussions+" system.

• I attempted to neutralize that threat by publicly presenting the situation in it's entirety, so that David and everyone else could see the issue in context.

• Completely off topic, Professor Snowball, but I for one would like to know more about the British propaganda efforts to entice the US to enter the war against the Central Powers. IIRC, the British efforts were aided by the 1915 U-Boat sinking of the Lusitania and became irrelevant after the 1917 Zimmerman Telegram .
  • @carew388- And if I recall correctly, these is considerable suspicion that the British, despite being well aware of the German U-boat operating in that area, deliberately allowed the Lusitania to be sunk, hoping to ensnare the US in that war.
  • Probably true. Also considerable suspicions re: Pearl Harbor. Evidently domestic propaganda against isolationism wasn't working.
  • edited March 2019
    [ ] Chastise MFO users who repeatedly whine about "I posted it first!" and/or who deliberately respond to their own posts to drive them into D+ and into the feed of people who specifically chose to ignore them. (And then get on with your life....)
  • @rforno: To quote one of those types:
    :) :) :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
    OJ
  • edited March 2019
    [ ] Eliminate award for “Stupid post of the week.”
  • TedTed
    edited March 2019
  • edited March 2019
    Observation: Needy passive aggressive people get real boring real fast.

Since there is no Ignore feature here, perhaps we should take a lesson from NZ PM Jacinda Arden and simply "not mention his name again" or respond to his perpetual childish antics. He craves attention, let's not give him any.

Off to deal with much more meaningful and productive people/things now and relegate such overgrown children to the ashbin of the interwebs.
  • edited March 2019
    [ ] Send a donation to Mutual Fund Observer. - @rforno +1
  • What a good idea!
  • edited March 2019
    @Old_Joe - Thought you’d agree. Maybe earmark this one for “headache meds”? ... :)
  • Had I mentioned that only one person has ever been banned? Fascinating dude who covertly created several identities so he could alternately post, praise and defend himself. Boy, ya wanna talk about "too much free time."

We have moved a couple people into moderation, which was enough of a pain for them (and me) that they sort of stomped off.

Thanks to you all for your good spirits and understanding. Back to writing!

David
  • Ted said:

[ ] Limiting the number of messages, links that have nothing to do with funds or investing, especially those that have a political agenda

Dude, once again, just give it up, don't read, skip, exhale, and pretend it's like this:

https://crops.extension.iastate.edu/soybean/diseases_blight.html
  • Ted
    February 27 Flag
    @Gary: I changed it from Fund Discussion to Off-Topic, now are you happy. Your a real loser !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted you really need to stay on your meds!
  • Ted said:

[ ] Limiting the number of messages, links that have nothing to do with funds or investing, especially those that have a political agenda

Dude, once again, just give it up, don't read, skip, exhale, and pretend it's like this:

What you are saying is not possible. Can't just block out sh**. It smells. And I don't intend to die by holding my nose. I say again, introduce BLOCK feature. Then there does not have to be no friction. Some people don't watch MSNBC, some people don't watch FOX news. There are serious health benefits to that approach.
  • edited March 2019
    Avoiding cable news and cable 'news' altogether indeed has excellent health benefits.

Ted said:

What you are saying is not possible. Can't just block out sh**. It smells. And I don't intend to die by holding my nose. I say again, introduce BLOCK feature. Then there does not have to be no friction. Some people don't watch MSNBC, some people don't watch FOX news. There are serious health benefits to that approach.
  • edited March 2019
    @rforno. You should have completed your sentence. My TV does not turn on by itself. It doesn't smack me in the face saying "Watch Me". Same is not true when I type in the MFO discussion board URL. I'm asking I be allowed the same joy. In this age of technology and automation it is unbelievable I'm not able to do that.

Can hedge funds be socially responsible? The Woof and Meow portfolio? WWWWW TTTTT FFFFF?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm not questioning someone's right to poop. I'm saying my right to not have vomit thrown on my face is equally important. Right now my only option is to not visit MFO. Which is what I've been doing mostly. To MY loss. And then I come here and what do I see?

There is no God.
  • "There is no God."

@Vintage Freak: Well that makes at least three of us who believe that. The third is a friend of mine who claims to be a "born-again atheist".
  • Old_Joe said:

"There is no God."

@Vintage Freak: Well that makes at least three of us who believe that. The third is a friend of mine who claims to be a "born-again atheist".

Laughing here. I have a great friend near me who claims to be a "lapsed agnostic," because he's tired of worrying about it.... We both often enjoy some fabulous BLUES acts in the 5-college area in western Massachusetts at our favorite venue. (Mt. Holyoke, Hampshire College, Smith, Amherst, UMass central campus at Amherst. SILENT "H" here in western Massachusetts, for "Amherst.")