Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gentle reminder ...

edited July 2018 in Fund Discussions
... to keep posts to the MFO Discussion Board principally about mutual funds.

With civility, always, and good humor, when possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• @Charles: You and David have given gentle reminders in the past, but a numbers of MFO Members have not paid any attention. They are hell bent on making political and social statements when they clearly know the board is intended for comments on funds. They just don't give a damm
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Please see my current post regarding unwarranted censorship of discussion.

Thank you.
  • @Old_Joe You've just proven my point about giving a damm. Nest step, asking David to ban you from the board !
    :
  • @Ted You're behaving like a churl. Old Joe has been a valuable contributor to this board. Take a breath or pill or something.
  • Ted said:

@Charles: You and David have given gentle reminders in the past, but a numbers of MFO Members have not paid any attention. They are hell bent on making political and social statements when they clearly know the board is intended for comments on funds. They just don't give a damm
    Regards,
    Ted

And add to political and social statements, Ted's assertion that religion should be a disallowed topic, too. Well, the "usuals" here on the board know my background. And I never talk religion here with the purpose of convincing you to believe the way I believe. But guess what? My RELIGION certainly does affect my investment decisions. Because my religion is NOT just a hobby. It actually matters to me, in real ways.
  • @Lewis: You have shaken my beliefs to their very core, I thought you new the meaning of valuable. I guess I was wrong !
    :(
  • @LewisBraham- Wadda you mean, "has been"???
    :)
  • ok no more trump or obama post/bashing
  • Come on, political discussion w/ citations here often has financial ramifications. I would suggest closing discussions only when emptied or unduly (solely) rude and personal.
  • @ted.. threatening to ban a valued and respected contributor for the crime of discussing treason makes you complicit in treason as well.or aiding and abetting a traitor. HAVE YOU NO DECENCY?
  • When the political news is not flattering to those who support Trump, it is then censored.

But the weakening of Obamacare discussion is ok.

A mirror image of the bully himself, run by one (Ted).

Now you can ban me, too. Ted just wants to be the lead bully.
  • Ban me too.
  • Calm down, you all. Nobody is going to be "banned" around here. Trust me on that. Or perhaps more to the point, trust David Snowball on that.

OJ
  • Old_Joe said:

Calm down, you all. Nobody is going to be "banned" around here. Trust me on that. Or perhaps more to the point, trust David Snowball on that.
    OJ

DITTO -

While we may have lost one particular battle we’re winning the war. (Translated: We generally get away with murder around here).

In addition, I suspect the public outcry the past 24 hours had a lot to do with T’s advisors sitting him down this morning and giving him that script to read. (And the lights went out!)

• larryB said:

@ted.. threatening to ban a valued and respected contributor for the crime of discussing treason makes you complicit in treason as well.or aiding and abetting a traitor. HAVE YOU NO DECENCY?

• Good find
  • edited July 2018
    At least mfo did not censors my posting like yahoooooo. Bravo for mfo....

Twitter is good also but they don't have a good sections for fund etf discussion
  • edited July 2018
    Please note that so far, rforno, larryB, hank, Crash, JoeD, oletimer63, LewisBraham and davidrmoran have posted protests on the censorship, in various threads. As has one additional poster who has privately emailed me. Again so far, exactly ZERO posters have supported the action.

That's ten to one. What exactly makes anyone think that @Ted's opinion is worth more than all of theirs?
  • Win-win. Ted stops reading any thread that bothers his sensibilities. After all,,,, most of Teddy's links get little or no action but they don't get censored for cluttering up the place beyond belief. Everyone votes with their feet, so to speak.
  • I'm not sure who it was that told me about 'Discussions+' feature the other day but THANK YOU!! It makes perusing the site and the active discussions so much easier and more productive.
  • You're welcome! :)
  • larryB said:

Win-win. Ted stops reading any thread that bothers his sensibilities. After all,,,, most of Teddy's links get little or no action but they don't get censored for cluttering up the place beyond belief. Everyone votes with their feet, so to speak.

Agreed, it too bad Ted is allowed to muck up the boards each morning. I think it buries some ongoing conversations and muddies the whole board.

The useless "daily Ted" barrage of article postings need to be scaled back. No wonder many posters don't stick around.

• Ted has, in the past few weeks, threatened to have a number of board members "banned", simply because he doesn't approve of their postings. I simply do not understand why he is allowed to present himself as if he has some official capacity with respect to the operation of MFO. He does not.

Ironically, to my knowledge Ted himself is the only presently active board member who has been disciplined by temporary bans in the past, for conduct which was deemed inherently harmful to the continued health of MFO. But @Ted isn't honest enough to share that information with you.
  • Maybe he donates a few bucks to the website every now and then (kind of like a lobbyist would), and so they let him post a bunch of links every day and act like the bigshot.
  • @JoeD: Speaking of bucks, when are you going to contribute to MFO ?
  • Ted said:

@JoeD: Speaking of bucks, when are you going to contribute to MFO ?

Interesting how you try to make it seem like you are the MFO funds collector. As if you were in a position of authority.

• It's very telling that @Ted ignores the fact we're talking about his disruptive actions & attitude here. Methinks he deflects too much.

Yes, I support MFO each year.
  • Howdy folks,

Stuff it. My country is under siege by a treasonous SOB that stole the election via Russian meddling. Jr. gave the Russians, the GOP voter data base so they could target the idiots that believe.

Trump is a traitor and EVERYONE that supports him is also a traitor. All of you can eat shit and die.

and so it goes,

rono
  • Well spoken, for sure. Tragic but true.
  • rono said:

Howdy folks,

Stuff it. My country is under siege by a treasonous SOB that stole the election via Russian meddling. Jr. gave the Russians, the GOP voter data base so they could target the idiots that believe.

Trump is a traitor and EVERYONE that supports him is also a traitor. All of you can eat shit and die.

and so it goes,

rono

That post goes on the fridge.