Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Report Bugs and Problems Here

2»

Comments

• Reply to @Charles:

if you notice the problem again, report it here.
  • edited October 2012
    Reply to @Accipiter: ARTKX above now works again. Let's see one from the end of alphabet soup: WAIOX

Update: That works as well.
  • >>>Falcon's Eye was down in this same time period. Entering a ticker would populate the "site" look up list; but the fund name was not present in the name box.
    >>>Navigator is not functioning as of 10pm this Saturday evening. Usually, once the 5th or 6th letter is typed, the dropdown fund list has already begun to populate. Not so at this time.

Regards,
    Catch
  • edited October 2012
    Reply to @catch22:
    >Falcon's Eye was down in this same time period
    yes Falcon's Eye, Navigator, and popup were down when the problem was reported.

>Navigator is not functioning as of 10pm this Saturday evening.

I haven't see a problem in any of them, since my message of 8:52am.

the sixth letter is required.

• edited October 2012
    I am posting this over iPhone and ticker links are not working at this time. I am accessing the forum via http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/index.php

Update: it looks like vanilla forum is displaying an iPhone optimized site when accessed via above url. It does not display sidebar at all and blue menu does not have your additions either. There is a link to full site at the bottom however.
  • edited October 2012
    the iphone version has no panel and most of the additional functionality aside from posting and reading is not there.

I would need to know from David or Chip for any changes to this. Could probably make the popup fund box work on mobile, if desired. But as of now ticker popup does not work on mobile devices.
  • Reply to @Accipiter: I guess it is ok as it is. I am new to iPhone. Finally upgraded from 7 years old Motorola razr flip phone last week.
  • Reply to @Investor:

I don't know whether to say congratulations or not, since mobile phones are an anathema to me.
  • edited October 2012
    Reply to @Accipiter: Well there are positives and negatives. I think it will be beneficial to me. I think I would not change iPhone version much. It works well in a narrow screen without side bar and other space inefficient enhancements. However home link on iPhone version of blue menu bar would be nice. There is a link to full version of the forum and I believe it set a cookie but I could not easily switch back to iPhone version without deleting cookies.
  • Reply to @Investor: I use the embedded version of the discussion board on my iPhone. With the vertical screen layout, the header and logo don't use too much screen real estate and I have the benefit of the other navigation.
  • Hi chip.

I noticed that the Archives Pull Down is not working for me on the Discussion home page.

No matter what date I pull up, keeps coming back with Dec 1, 2012 issue. And, Oct 2012 is not listed in menu either.

Principally, my browser is Chrome, and sometimes it does not work with all the dynamic stuff.

Please give it a try, let me know if it is just me.

Thanks!
  • Reply to @Charles:
    Hi, Charles.
    You're right. It's not working for me, either, in Chrome or Firefox. I'll spend some time checking it out within the next few days. In the meantime, the older commentaries can be found at http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/category/commentary/ or under "Commentary" in the menu bar.
    Be well,
    chip
  • Reply to @chip: Hi Chip- FWIW, it's working OK for me on "TenFour Fox", which is a Firefox variant tuned to optimize older Apple systems running OS 10.4. Also tried Safari (Apple native browser) and it's fine there also.

Have a good Christmas!
  • Reply to @Old_Joe:
    Thanks, OJ.
    Info like that helps a lot. Merry Christmas!
    chip