Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fund Manager #@$%*! Fired as Trump's Communications Director

Comments

• Took a shower after watching that Mooch talked. Slick as a stock broker I dealt with in the distance past - not a pleasant experience until I read Warren Buffet books.
  • I'm not a linker, but here's a candid (read: foul-mouthed) conversation between Scaramucci and Ryan Lizza from the New Yorker.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

I swear, but I don't talk like that.
  • @BenWP- yep, I just caught that one too, and added it to my broadside.:)
  • edited July 2017
    Yes, this "communications director" makes some of the previously critiqued off-color language on this board seem mild by comparison.
  • edited July 2017
    New Yorkers like to curse. I'll be honest. The thing that's so disappointing about Mooch and his boss is how bad they are at it. At least if they could get someone who was good at the dozens it would be more interesting.

Also, he refers to himself in the third person:
    He cryptically suggested that he had more information about White House aides. “O.K., the Mooch showed up a week ago,” he said. “This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys."
    That's generally how crazy megalomaniacal people talk, as they think their persona is so vast it exists outside themselves. Who refers to himself as 'the Mooch?" Maybe this guy:

• "New Yorkers like to curse. I'll be honest."

I had thought about that. But as you noted, he's bad at it. You have to recognize that he's just a Noo Yawker wannabe from Port Washington, Long Island. Not even bridge and tunnel (outer borough - NYC outside Manhattan).
  • @Lewis: You mean its time to send in the .......
    Regards,
    Ted:)

Judy Collins: Send In The Clowns:
  • edited July 2017
    @Ted That's pretty funny. I keep thinking of Seinfeld's Jimmy who refers to himself in the third person and, of course, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Given his name, it seems highly likely that one of Mooch's ancestors played the fool in the Commedia dell'arte. That's another cultural reference--Everybody Plays the Fool.

@MSF Yeah, that links pretty funny too. I miss hearing girls in my neighborhood call Star Trek "Shtaww Twekk." "For" was always "faw" as in "whacha do dat faw?"
  • Some of the exchange reminds me of Godfather. Sonny just arrived and he is gonna *** with their rival turf. Micheal demands loyalty and has his older brother robbed off in fear for his testimony to FBI.
  • These guys are New Yorker wannabes; real New Yorkers would eat them for lunch and breakfast, and do. And there is not a Michael or Vito (or Connie) among them; they are all Sonnys and Fredos.
  • edited July 2017
    The plot thickens:
    m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_597b6e06e4b02a8434b63e5a

From the article:
    While preparing for his move into government, Scaramucci struck a deal — which is still under regulatory scrutiny — to sell his stake in his hedge fund, SkyBridge Capital, to Chinese conglomerate HNA Group and another company. He assumed that he’d be put in charge of the public liaison office, a job that Valerie Jarrett held in the Obama administration. He had it all mapped out, according to the White House adviser. He identified 2,500 influential business leaders across the United States and had come up with a clever name for them: Trump Team 2,500. He believed these people would help pressure Congress into supporting the president’s agenda.

Priebus blocked Scaramucci from getting a top administration job in January, telling the president that Scaramucci “played” Trump, according to a source. Scaramucci now calls Priebus “Rancid Penis.”

But Scaramucci’s plans were foiled in early January. That’s when Priebus, according to a confidant of both Scaramucci and the president, told Trump, “He played you.”

“How’s that?” Trump asked Priebus, according to the same source, who has spoken to several people within the White House about the conversation.

Priebus then told Trump that he felt Scaramucci had been offered too much for SkyBridge by HNA Group. The deal, he implied, smelled bad — as if the Chinese might expect favors from within the administration for that inflated price. The source also said that Priebus mentioned there was email traffic between Scaramucci and the Chinese proving this.

The White House rejected this version of events and declined to make Priebus available for comment.

Ultimately, Scaramucci was not offered the job.
  • These guys are New Yorker wannabes; real New Yorkers would eat them for lunch and breakfast, and do. And there is not a Michael or Vito (or Connie) among them; they are all Sonnys and Fredos.

+1
  • edited July 2017
    Mooch is gone, per the NYT Breaking News. Supposedly new WH CoS Kelly asked POTUS to remove him, and he agreed.

Somewhere in DC, I'm sure Sean Spicer is giggling like a loon right now.
  • And the beat goes on......
  • I have a gallon of milk that lasted longer
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2017
    @Maurice Just emulating the man in charge:
    businessinsider.com/donald-trump-whiner-whining-president-2015-8

Note: He actually said this.
  • "He shone very brightly. Flew too close to the sun."

(Chris Hayes, msnbc, on Scaramucci)
  • @Sven- You need to update the title of this post:

Fund Manager WAS to Be Trump's Communications Director

Looks like the Marines sorted this one out nicely!
  • @Old_Joe, the post was initiated by Lewis. I agree that General Kelly has done the right thing. But it is a sinking ship...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2017
    LOL! It will be joined by the retrospective of the 45 regime, tenatively entitled "#FAKE ________!"

(yes, I am not a fan of this administration ... or any in recent memory, for that matter)
    Maurice said:

@LewisBraham Hillary will receive a Profiles In Courage award for her new book.

• @Sven- Sorry about that- I looked at the top of the page on my browser, and there you were. Failed to notice that it was page 2, not page 1. I get the dummy award for today!

OJ
  • edited August 2017
    @Old_Joe Happy? I added the grawlix to capture the reason for his departure. It was his excellent communication skills that got him fired.
  • Yes, it was a rough week for him. His wife filed for divorce. Harvard listed him as deceased while he got fire before he officially to take his position.
  • This simplifies the current White House lineup (no pun intended).

• edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • "Kimberly Guilfoyle, the former "first lady of San Francisco"

Who??