Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Rondure Funds now open

2»

Comments

• @TheShadow: wanted NTF shares at Schwab. Maybe you can get into ROSIX directly from Rondure?
  • @BenWP

Based on what I remember reading in the prospectus and David's information in this month's commentary, you should be able to buy the institutional shares/investor shares for the same $2K or $1K with AIP plan directly from Rondure. The terms are similar to the of GP. Not sure what brokerages may do. You could probably buy the institutional shares directly, then transfer them to a brokerage at a later date.
  • Yes, one can buy institutional shares directly from Rondure. These seem to be the only shares directly obtainable from them. The application form downloadable from their website doesn't mention the "investor shares", just RNWIX and ROSIX. These have a lower expense ratio.
  • The difference between the two versions of the Overseas fund is 0.25%, or $12.50 per year on a $5000 position. I own WSVIX directly with Walthausen where the savings is 0.25%, so I'm not consistent. Own GPMCX directly because that's the only option. Upon reflection, I'm less likely to trade if I invest directly, probably a good thing.
  • Noticed that New World and Overseas Investor class funds are now available on Vanguard as no-transaction fee funds. The institutional class is also available, but looks like you pay the transaction fees.
  • @deeppizza Good to know. TYVM.
  • @deeppizza: Are you from Chicago by any chance ?
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Ted, I was wondering the same thing!
  • Unfortunately, no. I am just a huge fan of deep-dish!
  • @deeppizza: "Unfortunately, no. I am just a huge fan of deep-dish!" Like this ?
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Exactly!
  • I kind off used to like Uno's. It closed shop several years back in my neighborhood though. The key is the crust I think. Needs to stay crunchy, flaky.

PS - That video shows someone dipping a nacho in the pepperoni+cheese deep dish? I think that should be punishable offense.