Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Forum bug report : Cannot include a specific mutual fund symbol V I G R X

Including that symbol without spaces throws up arbitrary errors saying Search not found or The discussion board has moved.

Comments

• That is odd. Let me try it again. VIGRX
  • Maybe it's all that security and flying bits of data in the Bay Area thats messing with you.
  • Still occurring. For example, if I try to edit my post above. The following is what happens on screen when I try to post or save after editing if it has that mutual fund symbol in it.

• edited February 2016
    @vkt
    Yup.
    Note: I'm using Chrome for the internet browser with everything cleared from the browser history, etc. This pc also returns the same status as you see whether trying to post or "save draft" for any form of the ticker symbol.
  • Thanks for confirming @Catch22.

What is the procedure to report bugs on this site for corrective action? Do admins monitor this category or should I e-mail or post a form somewhere?
  • did you try VIGAX ( admiral class)?
  • I've been trying to respond to Junkster's post all morning. Won't go through.
  • Hi @vkt

Generally, technical questions are monitored; although I can not write as to how often (within the week is my best guess).

However, click upon the "flag" word just to the right of date/time. This will bring up an internal message format. You may type whatever your question or concern may be for any thread or a portion of a thread. I will state that @Chip or @Accipiter will be able to take action with this concern and/or offer an explanation. I have tagged both of their names here with the "at" symbol which should generate an internal message to the them, too.
    Tis a most unusual "thing".

I'm curious, too.

Regards,
    Catch

• edited February 2016
    I believe that it's another example of the built-in censorship of the Plain Vanilla platform that MFO uses. Same thing happened to me a while ago when I tried to post something with the word "p o k e r" in it. Chip said that it's the nature of the beast- MFO can't really change that behavior. Probably something to do with that medical aid that Ted uses.
  • Old_Joe said:

I believe that it's another example of the built-in censorship of the Plain Vanilla platform that MFO uses. Same thing happened to me a while ago when I tried to post something with the word "p o k e r" in it. Chip said that it's the nature of the beast- MFO can't really change that behavior. Probably something to do with that medical aid that Ted uses.

Thanks OJ. ... This reminds me of when I tried to use "naked state" in an Amazon review in explaining that I don't like to read with covers on my iPad or Kindle. Kept getting nasty responses from their computer that vulgarity wasn't allowed in reviews.:)

• Jeeze, Hank- I read in bed in a "naked state" all the time. Sometimes with the covers on, too. Not sure where that leaves me...
  • I'd druther not see that.
  • Not pretty, for sure...
  • @OJ - I'll assume you're talking about the stock market here:)