Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Airfares?

2»

Comments

• @bee @Mona I live in sw FL and I have heard of services that hire people to drive personal cars down here for the winter or drive back North for their snowbird clients. I don't have any names offhand, nor do I know all of the details, but it should be a relatively easy Google search, if interested.
  • @hank Considering how frazzled you must be with all the gyrations you've had to go thru just to make your plans, perhaps you should consider taking an 'emotional support companion' along, so you won't be a nervous wreck to begin your R&R in Florida?

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/01/14/Delta-passenger-uses-turkey-as-emotional-support-animal/1261452807477/
    But you'll need a prescription--here's how:
    https://www.nsarco.com/emotional-support-info.html#b1
  • Dunno Hez.

But when we fly out of Flint in March we'll be careful not to drink the water.
  • Criminal behavior caused that water problem in Flint.:(
  • edited January 2016
    Crash said:

Criminal behavior caused that water problem in Flint.:(

Crash - I'm trying mightily to keep out of anything remotely related to politics. So won't comment. But did read a couple good articles last evening on the Flint situation in the NYT and CS Monitor. So, there's plenty of information out there if folks want to learn more about it. It's a pretty complicated issue.

Over and out.

• Bee makes a good reminder. 'Dead-heading' a car can be useful. We got hotel vouchers and gas coupons to run a snowbird rental from FL to Washington DC. This was some years ago - glad to see they still need the service. We got 2 weeks to do this.

Another thought: we have found that often the airline fee is cheaper of you fly from some minor airport to your destination. Example: Allentown PA to Miami is actually cheaper by a couple hundred bucks than Philly to Miami and you board the SAME plane in PHL. Crazy.