Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Search Tools -- Risk profile

I can no longer 'sort' by column header in the risk profile tool-- ie.= APR, MAXDD etc.etc. Any one else encounter this?

Thanks Ralph

Comments

• Ha!

I know.

The site style update clobbered our script.

Chip and I have reached out to Accipiter for help.

Hope to have resolved soon, perhaps this weekend.

Will post when we do.

Sorry for inconvenience Ralph.

c
  • Thanks Charles, for your reply
  • It also cuts off, when I user it the last column I usually see is 5yr rank I believe.
  • edited April 2015
    Hmmm...

That I'm not seeing.

Here is an output from MultiSearch...

Which tool are you seeing cut-off jlev?

c
  • Traveling, but I'll get you a screen shot
  • I can't seem to reproduce the error, so maybe it got cleaned up? I'll repost if it occurs again.
  • Yes, ok, now I understand. We had to reformat after the style theme update...that one we were able to fix! Still working the sorting issue.
  • edited April 2015
    would it be possible to make "return group" a searchable criteria, along with "age group" and "risk group"? lots of times i want to exclude any fund that is less than a 4 or a 5 in terms of returns for, say, one year and three, etc. would be very helpful, i think.

also, and i think i've mentioned this a few times before, but is there a way to age limit the drawdown numbers so that i can more easily compare apples to apples?
    iow, let's say i'm looking at the list of funds in age groups 5 and 10. well, i get max DD numbers for time periods less than 5 years (no bear market), combined with those up to ten years (one doozy of a bear market), which makes comparing the funds by DD irrelevant.
    i think it'd be better to be able to list, say, age groups 5 and 10 but have the option to limit the DD to the past 5 years for those funds in the 10-year age group. that'd make the comparisons apple to apple. i think.
    am i making myself at all clear?

• @Ralph. Thanks to Chip and Accipiter...sort is fixed! Just click on column header.
  • Hi linter.

All good stuff and all currently available on beta site.

Actually, over a dozen metrics are searchable and table display is for selected period...apples to apples.

c