Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Promising New ETFs - TCAF, BINC, CVLC

TCAF (Giroux) & BINC (Rieder) are familiar to posters here.
ESG is going out of fashion, or just going quiet, but M* has a big bet on it through its ownership of ESG rating firm Sustainalytics. So, without any hint of this "conflict", M* is trying to keep the ESG flame alive by including CVLC.
https://www.morningstar.com/etfs/3-best-new-etfs-2023

Comments

• edited November 2023
    CVRT - Calamos Convertible Bond ETF just launched. Was mentioned in Barron’s this week.

INCM - A purportedly “conservative” multi-asset ETF from Franklin launched a few months ago. Managed by same team that manages the Franklin Income Fund (FKINX). As the symbol implies, the fund is focused on income. I’m hesitant to state a % for its junk bond holdings - but lower rated credit appears to be its single largest investment.

Neither of above looks appealing to me. But may interest some.
  • While not new per se but new for me I've recently (within the last year) placed investments in:

OMFL "The investment seeks to track the investment results (before fees and expenses) of the Russell 1000® Invesco Dynamic Multifactor Index. The fund generally will invest at least 80% of its total assets in the securities that comprise the underlying index. The underlying index is designed to reflect a dynamic combination of “factor investing” strategies that, in the view of the index provider, have historically outperformed other factors during various parts of the economic cycle." (Source M*)

CALF "The investment seeks to track the total return performance, before fees and expenses, of the Pacer US Small Cap Cash Cows Index (the "index"). Under normal circumstances, at least 80% of the fund's total assets (exclusive of collateral held from securities lending) will be invested in the component securities of the index. The index uses an objective, rules-based methodology to provide exposure to small-capitalization U.S. companies with high free cash flow yields." (Source M*)

And CGDV "The investment seeks to produce income exceeding the average yield on U.S. stocks generally and to provide an opportunity for growth of principal consistent with sound common stock investing. Normally, the fund invests at least 80% of its assets in dividend-paying common stocks of larger, more established companies domiciled in the United States with market capitalizations greater than $4.0 billion. It may invest up to 10% of its assets in equity securities of larger companies domiciled outside the United States. The fund is non-diversified." (Source M*)

CGDV is fairly new and I'm hoping they can continue their history of steady to outperformance they've shown with the American Funds mutual funds. Both GCDV and OMFL give me other avenues to follow outside of SPY and QQQ's growthier leanings. I stepped into CALF because Christmas is coming and I don't hold a dedicated small cap offering otherwise.
  • CALF looks interesting @Mark. Thanks for sharing. I started adding to small cap value over the past month or two with AVUV (Avantis U.S. SC Value), but you've given me another option to watch.

Invested in CGDV along with CGGO earlier this year.
  • There is also multisector PYLD (Ivascyn & Murata).
  • @MIkeM and @Mark: I do think SCV is due to recover, but it's hard to say when. AVUV and CALF have held up relatively well in the past 3-4 months. My major disappointment in this asset class has been BRSVX, although I dumped it some time ago.
  • Hi @BenWP. Agree with who-knows-when. Most pundits think if we can get a soft landing, SC's might be the place to be because of their lower "relative" valuation. Another 'who knows' for sure. Right now my percentage in SC's is low and I hold a lot of cash. My one SCV fund that I've held for a long time is QRSVX, but I'm looking to increase SC's and DCA into one of these ETFs.
  • I too like CGDV that differs from other blend funds without their sizable exposure to “magnificent 7” tech stocks. IT is the largest sector, 20% with Microsoft and Broadcom being the top 2 holding. The rest are dividend stocks. Good stock picking this year has outpaced mand dividend oriented funds.

The other is PYLD with the same reason @yogibb provided.

• Sven said:

I too like CGDV that differs from other blend funds without their sizable exposure to “magnificent 7” tech stocks. IT is the largest sector, 20% with Microsoft and Broadcom being the top 2 holding. The rest are dividend stocks. Good stock picking this year has outpaced mand dividend oriented funds.

The other is PYLD with the same reason @yogibb provided.

Once I get done building out my income portfolio, any remaining cash will be going into CGDV for precisely those reasons. (I'm also a big AF/CG fan with sizable positions in their funds elsewhere)
  • edited November 2023
    Have you guys looked into JSI? Janus Henderson Securitized Income ETF. I had to look up its chart to know that it is three day old.

https://www.janushenderson.com/en-us/advisor/product/securitized-income-etf-jsi/
  • Does Barron's weekly periodical provide new issue ETF's?
  • LCR appears to be within my risk/reward bumper rails. 1/3/2020 inception. New mgt 2011 LCORX. On my watch list. Fund of funds.