Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

3M T-Bill Observations

While 2Y, 5Y, 10Y yields continue to rise, 3M yields have flattened.
https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$IRX&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p27637493828

In fact, last three 3M T-Bill Auctions (9/5/23, 9/11/123, 9/18/23) were at the SAME discounted price of 98.656486 (matching 6 decimal digits!). I have seen same prices for 2 Auctions, but for three Auctions? Stockcharts for 3M yields shows flattening but not to this extent.

I watch 2-yr FRN index and it hasn't moved since 9/6/23 (good to 9/25/23) and is STUCK at 5.387380201 (that is 9 decimal digits!). It is supposed to adjust weekly based on 3M Auctions, so I looked at recent 3M Auctions.

Another observation for FIDO: In a cash-account (without margin), Fidelity didn't allow purchase for 3M T-Bill Auction on Monday when a 3M T-Bill was also maturing on the following Thursday; in theory, both could settle normally on Thursday. I didn't call Fido. In hindsight, all my Treasury purchases had been in accounts with margin (or with sufficient funds in the core account), and then this hasn't been an issue.

Comments