Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

TIPS FUNDS/ETF’s,,,,,,, has 2022 proven them losers?

2»

Comments

• CDC has reverted to 0% allocation to cash as of today.
  • BaluBalu said:

CDC has reverted to 0% allocation to cash as of today.

ty, interesting and disciplined

• @davidmoran: a recent SeekingAlpha article and follow-up discussion show that some are uncomfortable with the fund's market-timing strategy while others think it's the fund's secret sauce. Apparently another fund in the Victory family, CDL, resembles CDC but does not time the market. Maybe TMI?
  • yes, ty

See a quarter of the way down the page:
    https://www.thestreet.com/etffocus/dividend-ideas/3-dividend-etfs-3-yields-volatility-protection

(people, if no 'r' in name, response is not flagged for me)
  • @davidrmoran: I have been guilty of dropping your R. As you could live east of the Connecticut River, you may be familiar with the phenomenon.
  • :)

(After 57y here I believe I have yet to develop a proper Masshole accent ('chuhch'), although my LBirdlike buckeye one ('sheeit') is waned. I do say 'roof' to rhyme with 'poof' and on two recent trips to the Midwest was thrilled to hear radio ads about roofers and roofing sounding like woofers and woofing.)

CDL does not look attractive quite in the way CDC does, yeah.