Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

a small update

2»

Comments

• Wonderful news. Prayers for continued healing.
  • I echo all of those good sentiments. Take care of yourself and stay strong. All of this MFO stuff can wait.
  • @Chip Glad to hear you’re on the mend.
  • Woo hoo Chip, take it easy and get well
  • Hi Chip, Glad to learn you are on the mend. Please know you and your family remain in my thoughts. Thanks for the update.
  • Wonderful news. So happy for you! Welcome back!
  • edited September 2018
    chip said:

... a little scary to go from a confirmed diagnosis to a completed surgery in under 24 hours.

... until my own tissue starts healing over and around it. So far, so good.

Yeah, speed is how it goes --- when we are lucky! Modern medicine competence is beyond impressive, despite all the complaints.

It is typically the case (in the non-decrepit) that the structures and tissues involved heal pretty quickly, actually. All are wishing this for you, naturally.
  • Chip! So good to read you again. You take it easy and get healed.
  • Great news -- thank you for taking the time & energy (yes, energy IS at a premium at a time like this!) to respond personally. Now relax, heal well, and "follow orders" before returning.
    Three cheers for all -- (and a special one for the medical team as well)...
    Relax -- relax -- enjoy for a bit!
  • Good to have you writing your own update, @Chip. Lay off the snuff and very spicy dishes, LOL.
  • Especially the snuff! :)
  • Welcome home Chip! Keep on the mend, mmmkay?
  • @chip, great news to see you back home for full recovery. Please take good are of yourself.
  • edited September 2018
    Great news.. God bless... Pls stay off mfo for quite awhile and don't read anything related to trump lol will cause pressure in brain to be higher