Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

On to NH Primary, '24

edited January 16 in Off-Topic
I'm no Dem or Rep. Not "woke" nor against learning.
The Orange Walking, Talking Scandal and Ramaswamy and DeSantis stand for animus and backward, selfish fear. Ramaswamy has left the race. Burgum too, I think? He polled in Iowa at 0.7%. (No, I guess it was Asa Hutchinson, after a 2nd look?) CNN says he was standing WITH the Orange Slimebag at the stage after he won every county in Iowa except one--- where Iowa City is: The University town. Johnson County went for Haley by A SINGLE VOTE! And will the bulk of Ramaswamy's supporters now cast ballots for the Orange Despicable-ness? He has endorsed The Trumpster.

Haley, so I read, pledges to PARDON the Orange Criminal, if elected. On that basis, she can't even get an afterthought from me. There need to be SERIOUS consequences for the Orange P***y-grabber.

Anyhow, if there is anything resembling a whiff of level-headedness among the Repugnant Insurgency, I suppose it's Haley. And Independents can vote for Repugnants in NH's Primary. It is historically Repugnant, going back to the days of Billy Loeb. (Manchester Union Leader.) And maybe long before? Going back to Lincoln? But wasn't THAT a very DIFFERENT Republican Party, eh? She's within striking distance in NH. Just a week away.... Yet Nikki is not expected to do well even back in her home State's Primary, soon. ORK. Are we doomed?

The Dems have got my State locked up. Closed Primary. Sucks Bigly. Maybe my mail-in ballot will get nothing at all selected on it in 2024. Or I might volunteer to write-in None Of The Above. Maybe Jill Stein. Maybe Cornel West.

Comments

• "Are we doomed?"

U'mmmm ...

It sure looks like it.
  • Old_Joe said:

"Are we doomed?"

U'mmmm ...

It sure looks like it.

A mess.

• edited January 17
    Ah Iowans and republicans in general. If they had any principals or moral integrity they wouldn't have voted for any of those candidates. Baffles me to no end.
  • Mark said:

Ah Iowans and republicans in general. If they had any principals or moral integrity they wouldn't have voted for any of those candidates. Baffles me to no end.

+1. I'll never understand that. Party before country. Party before ethics. Cripes.