Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Anybody have a good link to current r polling data?

edited August 2023 in Off-Topic
Looking for a link to a simple nationwide poll of likely republican primary voters.

Just watching. I realize T is leading by a wide margin. The polls are ever evolving and I’d just like a simple scoreboard to check movement - if any - from time to time. No motives. Just like to follow such trends and will be interesting to see if the ongoing Georgia fireworks or the upcoming debate changes the numbers. I’ve found some poling results, but they’re confusing to read and not always current.

Comments

• I have no info on your specific question, but if it's helpful here's a link to an evaluation of various polling services. You might select a couple of the better ones and see if they have the type of poll that you're looking for.

• edited August 2023
    Thanks @Old_Joe / I’ll do some exploring of those links.

I think “as the worm turns” in coming months, there might be some subtle maneuvering among principals under the table - so to speak. Might even involve members of the opposing party. Sheer speculation of course. So many different balls in play right now that no one can predict how the mess will be resolved - if at all. The looming debate is a big negative for Trump either way. If he attends he’s likely to flip out and say something regrettable / damaging. If he abstains, as I suspect his managers want him to, those on stage will have an unlimited target to unload on.
  • ISTM that DT just yesterday or Tuesday announced very specific polling percentages for himself. Would he lie to the public about this?
  • edited August 2023
    BenWP said:

ISTM that DT just yesterday or Tuesday announced very specific polling percentages for himself. Would he lie to the public about this?

Never. Just like GW: “Father, I cannot tell the truth a lie.”

I’m not tuned in very well. But seems T’s in the 70% (+ -) area among likely R primary voters. Christie was reported to be a distant second recently with 9%. The Fox debate will be very interesting. Think I’ll unlock my “Never Fox” apparatus on the TV just to view this one.
  • Actually, I could find myself voting for Christie. Not too bad as Rs go these days.
  • edited August 2023
    Old_Joe said:

”Not too bad as Rs go these days”.

Amen.
  • 538.org regularly publishes polling averages along with individual polls, as they've done reliably for years. Here's the current R prez primary poll page.
  • Great link, @Andy- that should be just what @hank is looking for.
  • Old_Joe said:

Great link, @Andy- that should be just what @hank is looking for.

+1

Thanks @AndyJ / Will be interesting watching this as things devolve.

For benefit of others … By clicking on “more” on the right of the first set, you can pull up the rest of the stragglers, including Christie who is failing to pull his weight with only around 6%. Varies by poll and date of course.