Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Reminder, January 6 hearings televised, Oct. 13, @1pm EST

Supposedly, the last of these hearings.
At least 2 hours from what I can discover. CNN and some cable channels...don't know which will broadcast. PBS stations indicate they will broadcast; and I don't know about ABC, CBS or NBC. CNN and some others usually have followup/discussion afterwards.

Comments

• edited October 2022
    Thanks, @Catch22. Hadn't heard about that- will be sure to watch on PBS.
    OJ
  • From just scanning the news today, I believe the hearing will present evidence of how the Secret Service repeatedly warned DT about the potential for violence and how he either incited the crowd or refused to intervene when the assault began in earnest. The whole business of the phones being erased smells of a nefarious plot to cover the tracks of those who should have been protecting us and our representatives rather than serving the interests of a deranged president. Every time a cow flop is flipped over in the form of new facts, the stench of the rot that resided at the heart of the previous administration fills the nostrils of each and every one of us who care about our country.
  • As the saying goes- "rotten to the core". For sure.
  • edited October 2022
    +1

Will probably be out of the house. NPR on the car radio carries all this stuff. I contributed substantial $$ to Liz and also to a local R who debunked the conspiracy / fraud lies. Both went down in flames in the primaries. Reminds me of that PP&M song we had going here about the guy who bet on the wrong horse! I greatly admire anyone who stands up to that mob (from either party).

Thanks @Catch22 for the timely reminder.
  • @hank
    We've donated a fair amount this year, local and Michigan; as well as 8 other states campaigns.
  • I'll catch it on NPR or PBS if I'm awake. 7:00 a.m. here.
  • edited October 2022
    They laid out a good case for a seditious conspiracy charge for DOJ to essentially copy. Not sure what the full thinking is on the subpoena for TFG. It would be kinda fun, though, to see him take the Fifth a hundred or more times on national TV, but you'd think he'd just blow it off, especially if the GQP wins the House.
  • "Not sure what the full thinking is on the subpoena"

Yes, interesting. Maybe just a shot across the bow to Show Up or Shut Up. Either way, not good for the sTrumpet.
  • TFG = The Former Guy. The way Biden referred to him in remarks once, fairly early on.
  • Old_Joe said:

"Not sure what the full thinking is on the subpoena"

Yes, interesting. Maybe just a shot across the bow to Show Up or Shut Up. Either way, not good for the sTrumpet.

I didn't realize until they referred to it today that the cmte has had 30 Trump insiders take the Fifth when asked about communication with him on or about 1/6.

Hmm. Maybe all it would take is one to flip and it's heigh ho, heigh ho, off to jail he goes. Go get 'em, DOJ!
  • https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-mar-lago-mole-could-secret-service-karl-rove-1737554

K. Rove is a criminal suck-hole, himself. Ignored a Congressional subpoena. And what else?
  • edited October 2022
    catch22 said:

@hank
    We've donated a fair amount this year, local and Michigan; as well as 8 other states campaigns.

Catch- I hope your horses perform(ed) better than mine have so far.:)
  • edited October 2022
    @hank
    The "R" you mentioned.......I was disappointed, too. The big money behind the other in that primary will have a "puppet" to play with, if there is a win.
    For the majority, I see the Republican party candidates, at all levels in Michigan, to be far right. A most scary proposition.
    And we'll discover soon how the others, we favor, have fared. We've be watching the local and national returns on tv.
  • From Heather Cox Richardson's daily missive:

"Still, after all today’s news, the final word belonged to Pelosi. On a video from January 6 released tonight, she is seen reacting to the news that Trump was intending to go to the Capitol, the seat of our elected government, where presidents traditionally must not go without an invitation. Told he might arrive, she responded to her chief of staff:

“I hope he comes, I’m gonna punch him out… I’ve been waiting for this. For trespassing on the Capitol grounds. I’m gonna punch him out, I’m gonna go to jail, and I’m gonna be happy.”
  • The latest from Colbert's fantastic writers: Meet the Flynnstones.
  • FULL and COMPLETE coverage of the hearing on 14 Oct, '22. It takes a few minutes for anything to happen.