Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Indeed.
  • acccchhhhh. This nonsense goes back to Ralph Reed and that bunch, all the way back to the '70s or so. Uncle Ronny Ray-guns embraced that crowd.
  • Well, Orange County... what's new? Let them have their school- at least they won't be causing trouble at the other public schools.
  • Old_Joe said:

Well, Orange County... what's new? Let them have their school- at least they won't be causing trouble at the other public schools.

if only

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/17/the-far-rights-national-plan-for-schools-plant-charters-defund-public-education/
  • Howdy folks,

Yeppers. Hillsdale college is about as right wing religinazi fascist institution anywhere. They advertise everywhere and continue to see me garbage in the mail.

Alas,

Rono
  • edited March 2022
    I had no idea. Ashamed to say. Where I worked and resided in Oakland County (decades ago) I can’t ever remember anyone sending their kids there. The wee bit I’ve heard of Hillsdale over the years is that it’s academically solid. However, that’s information from the 80s and 90s. So, maybe it went down the same path as the once enlightened WJR?

If I recall correctly, Hillsdale’s where Giroux of TRP graduated. Go figure. Think maybe his success is due to some sort of “Divine Intervention” ? Maybe I’ll increase my allocation ...:)
  • @hank, Be careful using "Think maybe his success is due to some sort of “Divine Intervention”? Maybe I’ll increase my allocation …:)" If I recall Cathie Woods follows a similar path but appears to have taken the wrong fork in the road.
  • Maybe that's the fork usually shown in the Devil's hand?
  • Mark said:

@hank, Be careful using "Think maybe his success is due to some sort of “Divine Intervention”? Maybe I’ll increase my allocation …:)" If I recall Cathie Woods follows a similar path but appears to have taken the wrong fork in the road.

Well, I used to say I thought Giroux was “walking on water” with that fund. Maybe no joke!
  • edited March 2022
    Trump University Never Died

Apparently, the transformation of Hillsdale is relatively recent (2000 & beyond).

Big money has been buying portions of the media and repurposing them for their own propaganda for decades. Sinclair Broadcasting being one of the best (worst) examples. So it figures they’d move in on education.

• future paul ryans