Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited May 2020
    Hi sir Crash, hope he takes it w a few spoons of lysol to keep his sanity and coolness..hope he has a healthy heart without any rhythm issues or he maybe on the floor one day, that would be nice [similar to that time when Clinton had that moment of seizures like activities to be helped back to the van by secret agents after been in the sun too long]. Hope trump has a hard skull so he does not crack it in the way down

How many US citizens can afford to go to physician at anytime and take HCQ, especiallywhen plus 20mills are without job/health insurance...my goodness
  • edited May 2020
    It's interesting that Tweety Amin's WH doctor released a letter that says they discussed the risk, but he never *explicitly* says he prescribed it -- or even that Tweety is taking it. So I remain skeptical of this claim by the Liar-in-Chief. If nothing happens to him (regardless if he's on it or not) he can claim to his cultists that the drug is 'safe' and that his super-duper-stable-jenius was right again.

Remember, he's desperately flailing around for anything he can say makes him look 'strong' to his base ahead of November. However, IMO, his refusal to wear a mask when *everyone* around him is doing so doesn't make him look 'strong' -- it makes him look out-of-touch, uncaring, and/or the one that's offensive to everyone. Frankly I'm surprised some of those photos from last week aren't virally captioned "boy, doesn't he know how badly he reeks?"

I also want to know what happened in January that caused him to take an unexpected trip to Bethesda that Saturday. It clearly wasn't for a routine "part 1" of his annual physical.

The WH Doc's Letter:
    https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000172-2c34-dc3e-aff6-2cbd08290000&nname=playbook&nid=0000014f-1646-d88f-a1cf-5f46b7bd0000&nrid=0000015a-18c6-dc8c-ab7a-7eff56ca0002&nlid=630318
  • Yes, I should have known: he will say ANYTHING.
  • edited May 2020
    Just another lie. Unfortunately.
  • There's an alternate explanation. We may never know which, if either, is correct.

Trump may have gotten so rattled by the idea that he was exposed to people testing positive that he decided to swig the stuff. With doctor's permission.

They discussed the risks and benefits. Risks to someone in his condition who gets COVID-19 are substantial. While physical benefits of the the drug are unproven, constant monitoring of his condition by his 24 hour medical staff can minimize risks from the drug itself.

Benefit: his "gut" feels good that he is doing something. Risk: small and carefully managed.

When the drug is administered, it's often under close supervision. As the saying goes, "don't try this at home."
  • msf said:

Trump may have gotten so rattled by the idea that he was exposed to people testing positive that he decided to swig the stuff. With doctor's permission.

They discussed the risks and benefits. Risks to someone in his condition who gets COVID-19 are substantial. While physical benefits of the the drug are unproven, constant monitoring of his condition by his 24 hour medical staff can minimize risks from the drug itself.

True that we'll never know, and this is all speculation from afar. Though like all of us, he could discuss things w/his doctor and then just ignore the advice given and take it anyway. If the WH doctor didn't actually prescribe it, I'm sure Tweety Amin could find a doctor to write him a script for some.

But was he panicked once C19 crossed into the WH? Sure .... I'd bet real money on that.

• Howdy folks,

1. He is not taking it.
    2. He is shilling a company and stock.
    3. He so single minded that he fails to realize that the only people that will try to obtain and use it are his base.
    4. Less voters for Trump.

Duh

Rono
  • edited May 2020
    what happens if trump has major health issues/falls and cracked his skulls/admitted to hospitals, Pence also gets covid and also quarantine for few wks. Forever sober Nancy takes over in the interim? Maybe a dream come true for many
  • edited May 2020
    johnN said:

what happens if trump has major health issues/falls and cracked his skulls/admitted to hospitals, Pence also gets covid and also quarantine for few wks. Forever sober Nancy takes over in the interim? Maybe a dream come true for many

I'm no Democrat, but that works for me. At least she won't be in the public eye every hour on the hour lashing out at this-and-that playing the role of the aggreived whiny victim of whatever hoax-du-jour strikes her mind.

Tweety Amin is just psychologically exhausting for the world outside of his cult following.

• FYI the WH press secretary says the WH doctor's memo was not meant to confirm the president is using the drug and was instead intended to show Dr. Conley “agreed with the analysis that the benefit outwighed the risk.”

So .... they had a chat about it. And remember, press statements and 'Presidential' proclaimations aren't made under oath. (not that that matters much these days anyway)
  • This is just another example of his outrageous narcissism. Any other President would say and do things that he wanted public to accept and believe, but to Trump it is all about him.

Consequently, he certainly did panic with the positive cases and reached for anything that might help. Certainly the risk to him is much much lower than Joe Sixpack, as the fatal arrythmias almost always develop after the EKG shows a prolonged QT interval and I cannot imagine that the WH doctor is not doing daily EKGs or even constant Apple Watch monitoring of his QT

But he is criminally negligent to say in public that he is taking an unproven therapy which has been shown in the VA study to INCREASE deaths with Covid, just like he is responsible for the deaths of those people in Arizona that ate fish food
  • he is responsible for the deaths of those people in Arizona that ate fish food

Don't forget the Nigerians. "three people in the country overdosed on the drug, in the wake of President Trump's comments about using it to treat coronavirus." This was no fish food. They OD'd on the good stuff.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/africa/chloroquine-trump-nigeria-intl/index.html
    In countries such as Nigeria, chloroquine tablets are easily available at pharmacies and other shops, without any need for a prescription, even though chloroquine was banned in 2005 after malaria became resistant to the drug.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-at-least-two-cases-of-chloroquine-poisoning-in-nigeria-after-trump/
  • At a time when responsible people are saying to be careful and disciplined in our behaviors, the leader of the country sets just the opposite example.
  • His staff is giving him Hydrox cookies with milk, so he's a bit confused right now.
  • carew388 said:

His staff is giving him Hydrox cookies with milk, so he's a bit confused right now.

That helps explain why #PresidentPlump and the #GirtherMovement is trending on Twitter today.....
  • His staff is giving him Hydrox cookies with milk,
    And a shot of lemon fresh Lysol at bed time.
  • "I've created a monster thread." LOL. I don't even like to be reminded of His Asshole-iness." What's got into me?;)
  • I was wondering, to be honest... "Uncle Trumpster"??? :)
  • It will be such a joy to see the Dems losing it for another 4 years. Best show I have seen for decades. Keep up your comments !!
  • edited May 2020
    It will be fantastic to see a chronically lying narcissistic pompous individual out on his keister because of his failure to deal with the pandemic. The sorrow is people had to die because of his ineptness.

Maybe he can inject some draino into his system.
  • All,

Please note, and please keep in mind, that FD1k is experiencing serious gloating at all of this destruction in the present, and anticipates even more and more personal joy in the future, at destruction to come.

I see a lot of loathsome, repulsive behavior online at other forums, but his emphatic glee is remarkable.

Meanwhile, this too is something:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/05/19/trumps-plan-would-end-national-guard-deployments-one-day-before-benefits-kick-in/#6d6b3a91518b

• Yup. General Dotard von Bonespurs is setting up to screw our troops. He only uses them for props when it serves his interests -- which explains why recent polling of military families has him polling much lower nowdays than in 2016.

This draft dodger is recalling the entire Army Corps of Cadets at West Point to attend graduation in close-quarters (ie no social distancing) because he wants to give the speech and not see them seperated like they were at the AFA last month when Pence gave the commencement. If any cadet gets sick transiting the country back to West Point, there should be hell to pay for that ... and it won't be the cadet's fault.

All,

Please note, and please keep in mind, that FD1k is experiencing serious gloating at all of this destruction in the present, and anticipates even more and more personal joy in the future, at destruction to come.

I see a lot of loathsome, repulsive behavior online at other forums, but his emphatic glee is remarkable.

Meanwhile, this too is something:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/05/19/trumps-plan-would-end-national-guard-deployments-one-day-before-benefits-kick-in/#6d6b3a91518b

• FD1000 said:

It will be such a joy to see the Dems losing it for another 4 years. Best show I have seen for decades. Keep up your comments !!

And now, THIS. Not very new, but recent. The VIDEO is new, though. And it's frightening to hear, because these EXPERTS (via Bandy Lee, M.D. and M.Div.) spell out just how divorced from reality The Trumpster is. So, FD1K, stop your gloating and do your own integrity a favor: reclaim your conscience and sense of decorum. Der Fuhrer is f*****g EVERYTHING up, and doing it to real, flesh and blood people--- who DO know what's going on around them, unlike the Orange Fart.
    https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/464018517733024/?t=2
  • edited May 2020
    The infectious disease physician from local hospital states

*HCQ is that it changes acidity and prevents Covid 19 from attaching to the ACE receptor. Was somewhat surprised to see a few published papers mainly retrospective analysis that show shortened morbidity burden from several countries in Europe. There was even one small RCT from Wuhan that was favorable. Tough decision- what would you do if you have a patient with Covid 19 and there are no known treatments out there???*

We don't have any data regarding prevention as well as asymptomatics patients taking it

So uncle trumpo may know something we dont. Little more knowledge than sleepy uncle Joe..
  • Shame on you @FD1000! Getting the Monday Morning Quarterbacks all riled up!

Seriously, our leaders need to take the best drugs possible.
  • edited May 2020
    Vegas polls 2020 past few days: Uncle Trumpodunno -130, [use to be hover around {-135} {-145} before the viral crash]. Uncle Sleepy Joe +125

Any wagers out there?
    Thinking buying Kleenex + Kleenex stocks early Nov 2020
  • The French Scientist Rioult, who published the original HCQ is on record as saying it does not matter how you design the study because he knows HCQ works.

This is contrary to every single shred of data on clinical trials in medicine since the 1950s. Multiple drugs that were initially marketed as safe and effective have been proven dangerous and ineffective when large well designed trials with randomization, blinding both investigator and subject to drug/placebo assignment were completed

These are principles that no investigator in the US would violate if they wanted to get their results funded and published, and enhance their professional standing.

The methodological errors of the Italian study are massive and ridiculously stupid. A first year medical student could have designed a better trial.

https://scienceintegritydigest.com/2020/03/24/thoughts-on-the-gautret-et-al-paper-about-hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin-treatment-of-covid-19-infections/

The journal that published it has stated it does not meet their standards.

Both Drump and Raolt are taking refuge in the same irrational unscientific defense" It works because I know it works"

Drump actually believes that the negative VA study was done to attack him by "Trump Haters"

What will happen to the docs who did the VA study that showed HCQ is dangerous? Will Drump's MAGA army go after them? Picker their houses? Egg their cars? Threaten their lives and children?

This is the way that civilization breaks down when the President attributes personal evil motives and attacks professionals who are doing their jobs but discover truths he doesn't like

Regardless of your politics, you have to be very very concerned that this man is slipping into this level of rabble rousing. The GOP will have blood of innocents on their hands, as will anyone who defends this outrageous behavior.

Everyone, regardless of party or political ideology must call this out as outrageous and unacceptable

• You guys act like you never heard of faith healing. Doesn't matter what the studies finally prove, the outcome will be the same. Remember virus testing causes virus cases; it cannot be denied.
  • johnN said:

The infectious disease physician from local hospital states

[...]what would you do if you have a patient with Covid 19 and there are no known treatments out there???*

So uncle trumpo may know something we dont. Little more knowledge than sleepy uncle Joe..

Who is THE infectious disease physician, from this unnamed local hospital (local to where)?

Patient w/Covid 19. That doesn't describe Trump, who has tested negative.
    no known treatments out there. False assumption. Remdesivir. Oh, and Lysol.

Of course Trump's test results may be no more accurate than a coin flip (up to 50% false negatives). Still, "Trump has praised the Abbott test as 'very quick, very good'".

So uncle trumpo may know something we dont.
    To trust test (and poll) results if one likes the results, else to declare them fake/unreliable?
  • edited May 2020
    @JohnN. Trump knows more about everything than anyone else. Not just medicine. He knows more about the economy, forest fires, oil drilling, China, farming, national security and ballistic missiles. He also understands Star Treck warp-speed propulsion better than the writers of the show did and has named his quest for a Coronavirus vaccine “Operation Warp Speed”, which he’s compared favorably to the Manhattan Project that developed the atomic bomb. I’m sure he knows more about nuclear fission as well. One day while comparing various types of light bulbs on a store shelf, a Trumpster walked up and offered to assist me by pointing out which ones Trump “likes” and which ones (the energy efficient type) Trump says are “no good.” I think it’s wonderful he knows virtually everything about anything and has managed to convince so many supporters of that supreme truth.