Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Crashes coming?!

2»

Comments

• I love it. For 30months Fox idolizes and drools over the magnificence and brilliance of Trump, and the right wing laps it up as the revealed truth from God. But let Fox have a small difference of opinion and it immediately becomes "fake news".

You folks are just too much.
  • I'm not sure most people who watch Fox realize that there is a difference between it's actual news team, which Cavuto is on, and its extreme rightwing opinion shows like Hannity. But Cavuto was apparently evoking that.
  • edited August 2019
    Think if Obama and family were harrased called name like Dt/family have been past few yrs think us citizens DEFINITELY would Erupt into civil wars and riots all over large counties cities.. Indeed there maybe double standards( imho) Both clintons comey gets away w loosing nothing where General Flynn America hero lost all livelihood /finances/and destructions of family and much finances/moneytary lost for lawyers fees

I am not defending dt but I would act lash out if me and family onstantly harashed eing false labels for past few yrs
  • Have you been drinking?
  • johnN said:

Think if Obama and family were harrased called name like Dt/family have been past few yrs think us citizens DEFINITELY would Erupt into civil wars and riots all over large counties cities.. Indeed there maybe double standards( imho) Both clintons comey gets away w loosing nothing where General Flynn America hero lost all livelihood /finances/and destructions of family and much finances/moneytary lost for lawyers fees

I am not defending dt but I would act lash out if me and family onstantly harashed eing false labels for past few yrs

you k, bro?
  • No idea what you are saying John
  • edited August 2019
    Sorry maybe too much out of line been listen too much to Michale Barry - brainwashed...

I SHOULD be listening to much more PBS news (much more neutral) ..

Sorry folks that was way out of line
    Back to investing no more politics.
  • @MikeW- neither does he.
  • hmm ... he just thinks media are being way way meangirl to the orange criminal and people should take to streets

no, no, wait, the opposite, --- if BO had been hit like putinpuppet, that woulda happened for sure, all libtard progs would riot and still be rioting

worse, look at how libtard prog faves got away w their immense perfidy whereas patriot flynn was hammered totes unfairly and lost so much

I think, anyway

last sentence seems additionally to be saying someone, maybe the "president" and his cohort, has been harassed and falsely labeled since prez election. I think.

I need another whisky in order to reread. That much I know.
  • "I need another whisky in order to reread. That much I know."

Careful there... one of him is enough.

• B-b-b-but Obama wore a tan suit once. (I think Fox Noise ran 3 prime time specials about it.)

Could you imagine the reaction if Obama had done this:
    https://thinkprogress.org/trump-hosts-ted-nugent-white-house-c0da4b94c51/

• he could wear a beater and chain-smoke and huge numbers would welcome him back

who ever thought they would miss nixon, or lbj?? much less carter and h bush
  • Krugman writes that " Obamacare ...dramatically expanded health insurance without either increasing the deficit or raising taxes on the middle class, relying instead on a surcharge that only affected a small number of high-income taxpayers."

Unless he's talking about the Medicare surtaxes (0.9% on employee side payroll taxes and 3.8% on unearned income) I don't know what taxes he's talking about.

According to the CBPP, about half the expansion of health insurance coverage came from increased private coverage, and the rest from increased Medicaid coverage. None of the expansion came from Medicare.

Medicaid expansion is funded by federal dollars coming largely from taxes on the middle class and/or from Treasury debt, while many individual plans are subsidized by, you guessed it, federal dollars.

I'm not saying this reallocation of costs from beneficiaries to taxpayers is a bad thing. I'm questioning Krugman's "sense and math".