Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Warning: Hot Pizza

FYI: It’s 2010. You’re an eager investor presented a choice between two stocks: Google or Domino’s Pizza. Where do you put your money?
You should have gone with your gut.
Regards,
Ted
https://qz.com/938620/dominos-dpz-stock-has-outperformed-google-goog-facebook-fb-apple-aapl-and-amazon-amzn-this-decade/

Comments

• DPZ has been good to my funds. Among them: MSCFX, MAPOX, VSCIX.
  • Domino's is just garbage in my neighborhood. I seriously don't know how people eat it.
  • @Mark. So let's keep to facts not opinions. Pizza or not? = Opinion. Garbage? = Fact.:-)
    And while we are talking facts, Taco Bell does not sell food.

PS - I don't think its your neighborhood. Garbage is always garbage.
  • Hit the nail on the head. But I've lived in regions where the local pizza was an abomination. Domino's was our best bet, then. Would you prefer abject garbage, or merely plastic garbage? Hmmmmm. Let's grill steaks tonight, why don't we?:)
    Or......... Did you remember to buy the okra?
  • The only thing I don't compromise is food. Or maybe I do compromise but differently. I don't have $4.50 bubble tea and $4.50 starbucks latte's so I also don't have to eat at McDonalds.

I wish I could somehow pass this value along to my kids.

PS - Sorry but I'm not sure this is off-topic anymore, and I wanted to share the best take out franchise pizza IMO is Papa Murphy's
  • beebee
    edited March 2017
    @VintageFreak
    I wanted to share the best take out franchise pizza IMO
    In the Northeast...find a local pizzeria and fa-get-about-it.

We have a couple a decent franchise pie guys:
    -Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
    -Mellow Mushroom (great beer selection)
  • Pick the right restaurant stock and you can be happy. Panera IPO'd in 1999 and has been a great investment. DPZ's performance is stunning; but there are a lot of crashes and burns in the sector. Don't eat dairy, so no opinion on pizza.