Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

No Fly but Assault Weapon Purchase... No Problem!

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Dex, your bouncing your head against a brick wall, trying to argue sense with some of the folks here.

Hussein Obama seems to believe the occasional murder of our citizens by Islamic immigrants as an unfortunate, but eminently acceptable cost of continuing Islamic immigration. The female shooter lied on her fiancee immigration application. So the "thorough checking" which Hussein Obama claims to be done, isn't so thorough. This woman was radicalized long b4 her immigration occurred.

The male shooter, turns out, was a SanB county worker. A 'safety inspector' ---who inspected schools and restaurants. The tragedy could have been in a kindergarten, and perpetrated with a few handguns rather than the dreaded 'assault weapons'.. Or poison. There are dozens (70) of ISIS radicals apprehended. -- But then the 2 SanB shooters were 'clean' until the day of their perfidy. So are there hundreds or thousands of ISIS (or Al Queda etc) radicals similarly off the govt radar...

AG Lynch, within a couple days after the SanB massacre threatened to prosecute Americans for free speech which might be deemed hostile to Muslims and further, stated "her great fear" was hate crimes against Muslim Americans... Really? American citizens are gun downed in SanB, a similar tragedy was barely averted in Garland TX a few months ago, the Boston Bombers were similarly motivated. But big, fat Loretta wants to upend free speech... UNAmerican. If she was doing her job, she should be most worried about preventing the next Islamic terrorist attack in the Homeland. And unfortunately, there will be a next one, and another, and another. -- Hussein & Lynch may want more such incidents-- as each with each incident, they seem giddy each time one of these shootings occurs, giddy for gun control measures (the 'topic' of this thread). I suspect she will be busy stroking some Muslim Brotherhood event when the next crisis happens.

Lynch should be impeached. Then she can go volunteer to work for CAIR. Ditto her boss. He and the Mrs. can do full-time 'tweeting' to #SaveOurGirls from the 'friendly Muslims' in Nigeria.
  • >> she should be most worried about preventing the next Islamic terrorist attack in the Homeland.

As if she is not, traitorous bastard that she is, and as they all are, right?

>> And unfortunately, there will be a next one, and another, and another. -- Hussein & Lynch may want more such incidents-

And now sedition on your part too! How cool to have this rightwing spew arise so plainly. I am surprised you invest in the markets, when you should really be stockpiling instead. The repetition of 'Hussein' is a fine talk-radio touch.
  • edited December 2015
    It's a no-brainer, David. And they and their hate-radio handlers surely qualify.
  • edited December 2015
    DM, you too (like the Lyncher), seem to be more concerned by those who are concerned about securing the country, than by the people perpetrating these perfidies. Apologizing for the Fifth Columnists in this country.

By the by: a)You don't need to be concerned where I invest. Think about where you invest; b) Go "spew" yourself. c) Hussein IS his name, if you don't like his name, write to Hussein and ask him to change it; d) I don't frequent talk-radio, but it beats Al-Jazeera news channel.

As to whether the Lyncher is OR is not working to prevent the next tragedy --- well, she & her predecessor Holder don't have a very good record -- SanB, Garland, Boston Bombing, the OK woman who was beheaded a year-ago (no assault weapons, just a blade), the Ft.Hood shooting, etc, etc. If she doesn't want terrorists attacks here, she is incompetent. The view in the Dem beltway is "American citizens are expendable, just keep bringing in populations of immigrants who have a tendency to spontaneously radicalize -- so that more Americans will die at a later date. Until they 'go nuts', they will vote Democrat". The Dems are buying votes with Americans' blood.

And her boss is famous for "not letting a crisis go to waste" -- Every 'crisis' is politically useful for him -- his opportunity to move forward on gun control. (While the first responders are busy picking up the bloody bodies he and Lynch are busy stroking the Islamic community. ) Treason? -- YOU injected that word, not I. -- Well the stench of bloody, decomposing American fatalities in one attack after another smells a lot like treason to me. Hussein's Nobel Peace prize notwithstanding.

And YOU raised the 'sedition' word, not I --- more ad hominem attacks on posters, but hey, if you can't argue on merits, I guess ya gotta do, what ya gotta do. The Founding Fathers were "seditionists". Advocating policies which have the predictible result of more terrorists attacks in the Homeland does rise to the level of 'treason', by my reckoning. If you think its sedition to say so, that is your right --- a right you have due to guns.
  • Edmond said:

Dex, your bouncing your head against a brick wall, trying to argue sense with some of the folks here.

Thanks.
    The folks you mention are not thinkers they are followers who want to be liked. It takes courage not to follow the herd. They think they are liberals protecting the rights of the individual but they are the opposite. It is sad.

They do not understand the issues revolving around the terrorists. They think that if they just knew us they would love us.

I can imagine the terrorists sitting in their homes in the Middle East laughing as we debate was the recent killings terrorism, blaming it on guns, trying to understand the motivation all the while taking in more of their followers into Europe and the US.

• Edmond, jeez, dude, at least man up to what you wrote and meant. What an evader, trying to turn it back onto the respondent somehow. lolz. I do hope you and the reliable Dex get to be in charge. Talk about no adults. Exterminate all the brutes, no living in the real world. That FF ref was also terrifically comical.

Surprised you mentioned Al Jazeera, actually, a very good news station. Do you watch, really?

Study this, you two anxious guys:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/12/09/a-reminder-terrorists-want-us-to-be-terrorized/
  • @Edmond, I suggest if you're going to code your racism, ethnocentricity and Islamo-phobia you come up with a better term for our president than 'Hussein Obama." It's a bit dated and transparent at this point--a little too 2008. Maybe you should call him the enemy combatant who helped double the value of your stock portfolio, killed Osama Bin Laden and increased your access to guns.
  • I would venture a guess there are many many more domestic terrorists in this country then foreign. All wanting to believe and repeat distorted facts and out right BS. They spew the same hate as posted above. Pretty scary.
  • edited December 2015
    Terrorism breeds from ignorance and hatred. Unfortunately we're now seeing some of that here on MFO. Yes, it is scary.
  • Edmund: "Loretta wants to upend free speech... UNAmerican."

Dex: "we need limitations on free speech" "we also need suspension of some civil liberties"

It will all be OK when Edmund, Dex, and their kind are put in charge of protecting our freedoms.

• Edmond, jeez, dude, at least man up to what you wrote and meant. What an evader, trying to turn it back onto the respondent somehow. lolz. I do hope you and the reliable Dex get to be in charge. Talk about no adults. Exterminate all the brutes, no living in the real world. That FF ref was also terrifically comical.

You never fail to provide our comic relief on a daily basis.

• @Edmond, I suggest if you're going to code your racism, ethnocentricity and Islamo-phobia you come up with a better term for our president than 'Hussein Obama." It's a bit dated and transparent at this point--a little too 2008. Maybe you should call him the enemy combatant who helped double the value of your stock portfolio, killed Osama Bin Laden and increased your access to guns.

• Old_Joe said:

Edmund: "Loretta wants to upend free speech... UNAmerican."

Dex: "we need limitations on free speech" "we also need suspension of some civil liberties"

It will all be OK when Edmund, Dex, and their kind are put in charge of protecting our freedoms.

Is that an adult post now?
  • Old_Joe said:

Terrorism breeds from ignorance and hatred. Unfortunately we're now seeing some of that here on MFO. Yes, it is scary.

Terrorism does not breed ignorance and hatred it exposes yours.

If you were an adult you would have known that.
  • Your responses would be impressive, Dex, at the sixth-grade level.
  • Old_Joe said:

Your responses would be impressive, Dex, at the sixth-grade level.

How would you know? From your posts it appears you didn't get that far.

• Edmund: "Loretta wants to upend free speech... UNAmerican."

Note the lack of response to the specific quotes.
  • Old_Joe said:

Edmund: "Loretta wants to upend free speech... UNAmerican."

Note the lack of response to the specific quotes.

Note the lack of understanding of the original post.
  • This is the frenetic xenophobia that Trump has tapped into, and which threatens the GOP.

The statements made by Trump and his followers are what the extremist fringe of the GOP may have believed, but only said out loud after 3 drinks. Trump is attempting to bring this bile into the mainstream, and the GOP is putting up a fight.
  • PressmUp, Help this poor ignorant liberal. Who exactly is "the GOP" that is putting up a fight? A fight against who? - registered Republican primary voters?
  • The GOP in my note meant the establishment Republican Party. A skimming of most news services will produce several articles describing the conflict I mentioned.
  • And unfortunately, that fomented bigotry and fervor sometimes boils over....such as the terrorist attack on the Planned Parenthood clinic.

I haven't heard a clamor to find out who radicalized that shooter. Perhaps it's because a committee or FBI investigation isn't really needed since the answer is obvious.
  • Oh, we understand all too well, Dex. "we need limitations on free speech" "we also need suspension of some civil liberties" pretty well says all we need to know about you.
  • Old_Joe said:

Oh, we understand all too well, Dex. "we need limitations on free speech" "we also need suspension of some civil liberties" pretty well says all we need to know about you.

Let's see. Explain it to us.

• Kinda speaks for itself, doesn't it? No "explanation" necessary.
  • Old_Joe said:

Kinda speaks for itself, doesn't it? No "explanation" necessary.

The point is you can not explain it, therefor you do not understand it.

• troll cannot not typo

This topic is soup, I suggest. Gotta go plink at some bad guys w/ my .22.
  • The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) received a package with white powder in its offices today, forcing evacuation. There was a note..."Die a painful death, Muslims".

Hate speech has consequences.