Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mark Hulbert: There’s Only A 4% Chance We’re In A Stock Market Bubble

FYI: Stop using “bubble” every time you want to express disenchantment with the stock market.
Please.
Stock market bubbles are extremely rare events. When we indiscriminately throw “bubble” at everything we think has become overvalued, a fad or simply disapprove of, the term risks becoming meaningless.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/theres-only-a-4-chance-were-in-a-stock-market-bubble-2015-11-10/print

Comments

• In other words, there's a bubble in "bubbles." :)

(and welcome back, Ted)
  • Gee, not 5% or 3%. Just 4%. Should this make us feel good?
  • Actually, he's pretty sloppy with the calculations. By my figuring the correct number is really 3.479%.
  • edited November 2015
    @Old_Joe

Including the bond side of life, I'm leaning more towards.....

Now go have a piece of "pi". Free to veterans today.

Lastly, I'm still pondering negative swap rates in bondland; and wondering if a good butt kicking is ahead on the road to successful investing.

Take care,
    Catch
  • edited November 2015
    LOL - Elementary my Dear Watson.
    I'm more inclined to think the whole universe is a bubble.
  • I read this article. Please excuse me while I go and throw up. There should be an internet tax levied on authors who put stuff out there. Every time reader hits the URL, he should be fined.
  • agree about idiot fines, except not for Hulbert
  • agree about idiot fines, except not for Hulbert

Well, Hulbert can be fined 1/10. Other's can be fined 10/10.