Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Grandeur Peak Global Micro Cap Fund subscription offering info

edited September 2015 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915802/000091580215000076/grandeurpeakglobalmicrocapsu.htm

497 1 grandeurpeakglobalmicrocapsu.htm

FINANCIAL INVESTORS TRUST

Grandeur Peak Global Micro Cap Fund

(the “Fund”)

SUPPLEMENT DATED SEPTEMBER 21, 2015 TO THE FUND’S PROSPECTUS AND STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DATED JUNE 29, 2015

The distributor of the Fund, ALPS Distributors, Inc., is soliciting subscriptions for the Fund’s Institutional Class shares during an initial offering period to begin on September 21, 2015 and end the close of business on October 19, 2015 (the “Subscription Period”). The subscription price will be the Fund’s initial net asset value of $10.00 per share. Only those potential investors who have been given a specific share allocation of the Fund’s Institutional Class shares by the Fund’s investment adviser, Grandeur Peak Global Advisors, prior to October 20, 2015 will be allowed to purchase Institutional Class shares of the Fund beginning on October 20, 2015 (the date the Fund intends to commence operations) through October 30, 2015. Checks or drafts to purchase the Fund’s Institutional Class shares that are received during the Subscription Period will be held uninvested until October 20, 2015. The Fund’s Investor Class shares will remain unavailable for purchase.

Please contact Grandeur Peak at 1-855-377-PEAK(7325) for further information.

PLEASE RETAIN THIS SUPPLEMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. YOU MAY DISCARD THIS SUPPLEMENT ONCE SHARES OF THE FUNDS ARE OFFERED FOR SALE.

Comments

• @MFO Members: When available the fund will trade under the symbol GPMCX.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Their follow-up email:

With the recent market volatility we have decided to accelerate the launch of the Grandeur Peak Global Micro Cap Fund (GPMCX) to Tuesday, October 20, 2015. Due to shareholder interest and our intention to keep the assets very limited (roughly $25M), the Global Micro Cap Fund will only be available to existing Grandeur Peak Fund shareholders at this time.

David
  • Got my subscription offering in. Mark was surprised to learn that my subscription form was in within about an hour of the announcement.
  • Does "Existing Grandeur Peak Fund shareholder" include only those holding shares directly with Grandeur Peak? All my shares are held by Schwab and Vanguard.
  • I received an email today from GP, and also hold my shares via Schwab. May want to check your spam.
  • @PRESSmUP: Are your shares at Chuck's retail or institutional ?
    Derf
  • No notification through Fidelity where we hold other GP in IRA's.
  • We have GPROX (retail) @ Schwab. The last GP info that we received via Schwab was on 10/5, and was presumably revised prospectus info dated August 31. That info dealt with GPEOX/GPEIX; GPGOX/GPGIX; GPROX/GPRIX; and GPIOX/GPIIX. No mention of Grandeur Peak Global Micro Cap Fund (GPMCX).
  • edited September 2015
    When I called the transfer agent to have them email me the subscription offering form at work, they asked for the usual verification questions (account number with GP, SSN, confirmed my bank account number). Once I verified all their questions, they emailed me the form.

The transfer agent probably wants some type of proof of GP fund ownership prior to emailing out the form to existing shareholders. I am sure they are going to be busy for the next two weeks with the subscription offering form having to be returned by October 2.

I believe someone mentioned in an earlier GP post that the transfer agent wanted some type of proof of GP fund ownership prior to enrollment and/or possibly emailing out the form as a precaution. Here is that post:

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/22531/grandeur-peak-funds-2q-commentary-and-new-funds-launch-info#latest

I would call the GP transfer agent (855) 377-7325 to ascertain what they need for when your account is with a brokerage/third party intermediary.

• edited September 2015
    I'm thinking of adding GPEOX to my "Artisan" portfolio at Fido. Since I'm not too keen on their new Emerging Markets fund. I hope it does not close too soon.

I just know once I buy it will tank 10-20%.
  • @VintageFreak, I'm sorry to tell you GPEOX hard closed roughly a year ago. Only the new Stalwarts funds are open now and the subscription period has started for the Global Micro Cap fund. GPEOX is already down 15% from it's high in May and it's a bit below the original offering price 21 months ago so maybe it's time to open the fund again and add to their 9% cash stake.

I assume it's clear to everyone from past discussions, but my understanding just in case is that GPMCX is only being sold for direct accounts at GP and existing shareholders of other funds. So Shadow needed to demonstrate existing holdings but won't be able to use an account at any third party to invest in Global Micro Cap. I actually transferred a holding from E*TRADE a month ago in order to open an account and be prepared for GPMCX.
  • Derf said:

@PRESSmUP: Are your shares at Chuck's retail or institutional ?
    Derf

Investor class, GPGOX

press
  • Is it available at TD Ameritrade ? I checked Yesterday and TDA does not recognize this ticket symbol.
  • mrc70 said:

Is it available at TD Ameritrade ? I checked Yesterday and TDA does not recognize this ticket symbol.

What fund are you asking about? All of the GP funds that have launched are on TDA, however, they are all closed except for the newly launched Stalwarts Funds (GGSOX and GISOX). The Global Micro Fund will not be available on any online brokerage, only direct with GP.

• edited September 2015
    Obviously, I am asking about Global Macro, as this thread is about that fund. I already have their GPOGX and GPEOX thru TDA, one of the early investors in those funds like most of you here.

Thanks for your last sentence clarification. I heard about it, but I was wondering if they relaxed those restrictions for existing share holders of their funds.
  • Just as a correction - GPMCX is available through 3rd party investors, but probably on the TF platform. I am going to invest directly with Grandeur Peak Funds to avoid any transaction fees.
  • Apologies on GPEOX. I meant one of the new GP funds.
  • If we have the institutional shares on a 3rd party platform, are we required to put another $100,000 for the institutional shares of global micro cap?
  • I think they've waived the minimum for Global Micro Cap and they're only offering institutional shares. I read at some point, but not in the announcement about the subscription period that the minimum to get into GPMCX institutional shares would be the same as what they normally require for the retail class.

In fact, I believe the maximum they're going to allow anyone to invest in Global Micro Cap is $100K but if they get the kind of interest I suspect they will I think they'll have to reduce that maximum or they'll have to tell a lot of people that they're not getting an allocation.
  • @LLJB

I believe you are correct.
  • I faxed in the form. Did anyone get confirmation that it was received when they sent it?
  • Thank you, MFO team, for the email this morning outlining the subscription info. I am a holder of their funds at Schwab and was prepared to pass on this one because I was told by Schwab that it wouldn't be offered there and it just seemed like too big of a hassle to open an account at yet another company (GP). But it looks like the person I spoke with at Schwab was incorrect. I'm going to call GP shortly and start the ball rolling!
  • Paul said:

I faxed in the form. Did anyone get confirmation that it was received when they sent it?

I sent an e-mail with the form and got a reply back.

• Ditto on the email along with the subscription form.
  • what is "adviser code" and why do I need one?
  • edited September 2015
    @little5bee

Call one of the three parties named on the second page of the subscription for questions. I am sure any of three of them will be able to help you.
  • Bee...the "adviser code" also threw me for a loop....I was hopefully thinking this was an area for Schwab as example, to place an identifier such that I could buy this on the Schwab platform. Unfortunately, in speaking with both Schwab and Mark Siddoway from GP, that wasn't the case.

Mark couldn't give me a good explanation for what the adviser code is used for, but he provided enough data such that I can ignore it. Frankly, I think it was placed on the form in error.

press
  • @PRESSmUP Just called GP and my Schwab "advisor". My Schwab "advisor" had no idea what an "advisor code" was. Talked to Amy at GP and she said I needed one, but the best way to invest was directly with GP (which I want to avoid, if possible). Care to share your intel on how to circumvent this problem? Or should I just fax in the form and leave off the adviser code?
  • They (Mark at GP) told me I did not need an adviser code, and that the ONLY way to purchase the fund is directly through GP.

This should not be so difficult...I will give Amy a call this afternoon.
  • @PRESSmUP

Literally just off the phone with Mark at GP and he told me that to invest through Schwab, I needed to ask my Schwab advisor for the 8 digit master account number...apparently it's 4 digits - 4 digits. Going to try that now...will report back in a little while. Mark said alternative is to invest directly with GP.

Sounds like personnel at GP need to get their info straight.