Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Me too, looking to add a bit, have it in my IRAs
  • Blackstone or Buffett?
  • Old_Joe said:

Blackstone or Buffett?

I actually have both, although more of the former than the latter. That said, it has to be warned that BX is highly volatile.
  • One of my recent purchases, love the 8% + dividend.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted - why or what gives you confidence that the latest distribution will remain stable for the next 3 quarters (or next 3 dividend payments)? I'd like to believe it but past ditributions have been erratic at best.
  • edited February 2015
    Mark said:

@Ted - why or what gives you confidence that the latest distribution will remain stable for the next 3 quarters (or next 3 dividend payments)? I'd like to believe it but past ditributions have been erratic at best.

Can guarantee you they will not. Private equity companies (OAK, KKR, BX, APO, etc etc) provide nice yields, but they are absolutely inconsistent. BX's dividend may go down, may go up.

I do know that the company is planning to do a spin-off this year, so that is something.

http://www.blackstone.com/news-views/press-releases/details/blackstone-to-spin-off-financial-advisory-business