Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Let's Make Sure MFO Has The Financial Resources To Stay Alive

@MFO Members: I know many of you have already have made a contribution, but in case its slipped you mind now's the time. David has reported that MFO's arrangement with Amazon.Com has ended, so get out your credit card and pledge some money through PayPal off of MFO's home page. The Linkster would be much appreciative so I can continue to link the latest news, and views regarding mutual funds.

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Hi @Ted,

In case one wanted to pay (the old fashion way) by mailing a check ... who should it be made payable to and where should it be sent?

Thanks,

Skeet
  • @Old_Skeet: For your information.
    Regards,
    Ted:)
    David Snowball
    Mutual Fund Observer, Inc.
    5456 Marquette Street
    Davenport, IA 52806
  • @Ted- Affirmative on that. I just became aware of the situation and have responded accordingly.
  • @Old_Joe: Thanks, I'm sure David will appreciate anything you can do to help. You are a valuable member, and I know you want the MFO Webiste to prosper.
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • Thanks @Ted for the remittance detail.

My check is on the way.
  • edited January 2018
    done. thanks Ted for the reminder.

GO BILLS!!!!! had to edit just to add that. Been a long time.
  • @MikeM: I'm pulling for the BILLS !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited January 2018
    Go Panthers Beat the Saints.

Well after the loss to the Saints ... Next week ... It's TV time with the rest of us.
  • Go Bears! Make DR Hussman right!
  • I urge all MFO folks to contribute as they are able. It is easy, trust me...I just did an online donation. David and Chip do a fantastic job on a shoestring budget. It's a good thing they both have real jobs, because they could not afford to run MFO as their source of income. BTW, as observers may have noted, I have been absent from MFO for about four months. Retirement on August 31 freed me up to do considerable travel, but I am glad to be back and to participate as I am able. One goal is to offer a commentary time-to-time on my own retirement...things I thought would happen but did not, things that I did not expect, and how reality compares to planning. One of the most telling things is that I have only once looked at my investment accounts outside of the monthly statements. Yes, the markets have been kind during the last four months, but looking at them everyday would not have changed things even if trends had been downward. Quite a revelation for me, someone who spent much of every working day glued to the computer and markets. Wishing all a safe and healthy 2018.
  • Very good to hear from you Bob. I was starting to wonder but I see that you have been doing good. Take care.
  • Looking forward to your commentaries Bob.
  • @BobC- Great to hear from you again Bob, and congratulations on your smooth transition to retirement. When someone once asked my father what retirement was like he said "great... every day is Sunday!"
  • Glad to see you are back, Bob. I missed your insightful posts and opinions. All the best in retirement. Hope you stay in touch.
  • This would be a good thread to provide a snail mail address for sending
    a check which I assume should be made out to David not MFO but if I am wrong a correction would be helpful.
  • edited January 2018
    Hi @jerry,

Pursuant to Ted's reply ... to me ... I made my check payable to the Mutual Fund Observer and mailed it to David. This was done because it appears from the address detail Ted provided the Observer has been incorporated. Although, I guess he could make assignment of the check to the Observer, if it was made payable to him. But, then it becomes a third party check. Many banks today will not accept third party checks. Probally, they would in this case since David is a principal owner.

Skeet