Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Get Warren Buffett's Fruit Of The Loom, Skid Mark Free, Delivered To Your Door

FYI: Guys can now get their boxer briefs from the Berkshire Hathaway Inc.-owned brand through a new subscription service called Fruit to Your Door. Shoppers can buy a six-pack of skivvies, among other products, and have them re-ordered every six months at a 30 percent discount. The program, available for men’s and women’s garments in the U.S., can also be gifted.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-30/buffett-s-fruit-of-the-loom-tries-on-subscription-underwear

Comments

• Errm skid mark free? That's not in the headline:)
  • Will the new Buffetism be :
    "When the tide goes out you will know who is wearing a fruit suit?"

Go Commando!
  • edited December 2017
    Nopees. Your useful shopping tip for today!

OK, just so happens that I have some personal experience with "Fruit of the Loom" skivvies. About a year ago some of my 30-year old shorts appeared to be approaching the end of their useful service life, as we say in things electronic. My wife declined to help in the repair department, noting that the material was so thin that there was nothing left to sew anything on to. So I reluctantly ordered a six-pack of "Fruits" from Amazon.

Well, the new Fruits must be designed for use by the same young folks who wear those pants down around their knees. You know the kind- the ones that they can barely walk in. Most of us know that men's shorts have an opening in the front, to allow us to pee without having to pull down our pants. Well, the Fruits do have an opening, but it is so small and so high up on the shorts that the only way to use that opening is to reach through the zipper opening in your jeans and wrestle around inside to pull the Fruits down damn near to your knees. I've named the Fruits Nopees, and use them only in emergencies when everything else is in the wash.

I've since ordered Haines from Amazon, and am pleased to report that they still allow a man to do what needs to be done without resort to excessive acrobatics.

• ... the Fruits do have an opening, but it is so small
    @Old_Joe , are you bragging:)
  • edited December 2017
    “About a year ago some of my 30-year old shorts appeared to be approaching the end of their useful service life ...”

@Old Joe - Spare me the imagery. Please ... :(

I concur Amazon has some good boxers. Just bought a 6-pack.