Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barron's Cover Story: How To Play Emerging Markets Now

FYI: In a year full of political and economic drama, emerging markets have outpaced an aging bull market in the U.S. over the last 12 months. Still, the prospect of Beijing wielding a heavier hand in Chinese companies and economic reforms in India potentially slowing near-term growth means that investors who take a closer look now will need to pick their spots carefully.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.barrons.com/articles/how-to-play-emerging-markets-now-1511579482

Comments

• I feel best with good diversification and management TGEIX.
  • After reading this article, I re examined one of my holdings, MINDX. With a 24x PE I decided that owning a one country fund is not needed when there are some other funds I have that I want to add to, and am almost fully invested. I am a big fan of Jain, and will be adding proceeds to his GSIHX which I recently bought as I was a previous holder of his HIEMX until he left plus add more to SIGIX. I also have his more pure emerging fund GQGPX which I had to buy at TD Ameritrade since Fidelity does not sell it yet. Adding to that one also.