Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• How do you get around the paywall?
  • The AQR Long/Short offering looks pretty good but the minimum is $1,000,000!
  • @Bitzer: Good fund right size, but wrong shape. Lewis's article is about Long-Short Bond Funds, not equity funds.
    Regards,
    Ted:):)
  • My bad, Ted. I couldn't get around the Barron's paywall and made that error in my haste to post. Still like the fund, though, and wish the minimum were much lower.
  • @Bitzer: Don't feel bad, I was able to get past Barron's paywall via Google just once per Barron's article. I think I'm going to stop this Saturday morning ritual, If MFO Members can't read the links.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • If you have ever been a Barron's subscriber, the paywall remains in place and you can't read Ted's (or Lewis's in this case) links.
  • @Bitzer, AQR LSE and EMN are both closed to new investors anyhow. But fyi, in case they reopen, they were available at Fidelity (and maybe other brokerages, dunno) in IRAs for $2,500 minimum and even less in group retirement accounts. See the Fees & Distributions page.
  • The link I provided should work.
  • @LewisBraham, it worked for me but I never had a subscription. BenWP seems to be saying that people who have had subscriptions in the past can't get the link to work. That implies some identifiable crumb on their computer. A cookie or visible static IP problem perhaps.
  • @ Using Chrome or Firefox I can read a least two article per browser before the paywall kick in and I am blocked. However, I can repeat the process every twenty-four hours provided turn my computer off at night.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Thanks Lewis. Nicely written article. For me though, just another "investment opportunity" I see no reason to buy - ever. But I feel the same about the equity side of L/S too.