Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jason Zweig: What I Read This Summer

TedTed
edited September 2017 in Off-Topic
FYI: I’m always struck by how many people seem to want to know what I’ve been reading lately. It’s healthy to use books as resistance bands that build different mental muscles, so when I’m not at work I try (with rare exceptions) not to read anything related to investing, finance, or economics. My recreational reading tends instead toward literature, art, science, and history; if I can’t be deep, I can at least attempt to be broad. For me, at least, insights and creativity seem to come out of the intersections among seemingly disparate and unrelated fields; I happen to think that everything in the universe is related somehow (after all, “universe” comes from Latin roots meaning “to be turned into one”). So, in that spirit, here’s an annotated sampling of what I’ve read over the past few months. I’ve provided links to all the books on Amazon, although several of the earlier classics are in the public domain and are freely downloadable online as noted.
Regards,
Ted
http://jasonzweig.com/what-i-read-this-summer/

Comments

• I enjoyed reading "A Land So Strange" by Andres Resendez. It is the story of Cabeza de Vaca, one of four men, who survived an early colonization effort of 1527 that went badly wrong. The survivors walked across what is now the southern US from Florida to Mexico.