Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: I Bought My First Bitcoin

FYI: So you are now free to dump all of your crypto-currencies because this surely marks an all-time top.

But I thought I’d mention it anyway.

For those who are curious about why and how, I’ll just say the following…
Regards,
Ted
http://thereformedbroker.com/2017/07/18/i-bought-my-first-bitcoin/

Comments

• edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TedTed
    edited July 2017
    @Maurice: I have never owned Bitcoins, and never will ! I wouldn't even buy them with your money.
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2017
    @Maurice
    Glass house, stone:
    https://usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-09-16/the-clinton-foundation-vs-the-trump-foundation
    Also, the rationale that other people do bad things and therefore I can do bad things is about the oldest lie in the book. Do you really want to profit off an investment used by drug dealers to launder money?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2017
    @Maurice
    They both live in glass houses.
    False equivalency. Read the U.S. News & World Report story. And I'm sorry if you're going to assume that anything published in U.S. News is false and part of the liberal media conspiracy, there really is no point in talking. It's respectably existed since 1933.
    From the story:
    Compare and contrast all of this with the much-maligned Clinton Foundation. Let's be clear: Whatever you think of the Clintons, their foundation has been a force for good. The signature example: Nearly 12 million people around the world have more affordable access to AIDS/HIV medication at least in part because of the organization. (See Colby political scientist Laura Seay's tweet-storm on the topic for a ground-level view of the foundation's work.) And it does a lot more – Inside Philanthropy's David Callahan has a good explainer here cataloging the foundations causes. (And contra right-wing talking points, 89 percent of its expenditures go to charity.)
    By contrast, Trump's foundation gave less than $10,000 to the Police Athletic League, bought a giant picture of himself and gave $25,000 to Attorney General Pam Bondi to curry favor with her.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Maurice You're right--there's no point. Comparing the Clintons' faux pas to Nixon's crimes is patently absurd.
  • "Comparing the Clintons' faux pas to Nixon's crimes is patently absurd."

Fo' paws? Whatever was the Clinton's dog supposed to have done?
  • Hey J.B. I got some tulip bulbs that have your name on them.