Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• OMG. What an unfortunate NAME. "Can anything good come from Nazareth?" (John 1:46.) And the obvious parallel in this case is: "Can anything good come from CONGRESS???!!!"
  • @Crash: For your information. Founded in 1985 by Alfred “Al” Lagan, Congress Asset Management Company is a boutique, SEC registered, family-owned, investment management firm based in Boston, MA. The firm was built with the strong conviction that the client’s needs come first. Under the guiding principle of “Growth at Reasonable Risk,” the firm began by providing tailored risk-adjusted investment solutions to Taft-Hartley pension plans and insurance companies.

Congress grew under the leadership of Al’s sons, Dan and Chris, who apply the same model to a larger array of client-types. The firm serves endowments, foundations, high net worth individuals, 401k plans, and advisory platforms through a diversified suite of investment products and services.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Congress Asset Management Other Funds:
    http://www.congressasset.com/funds/mf_download_menu.htm
  • @Ted: Thanks. I figured the sort of thing you just shared would be the case. Please, take your sense of humor out from hiding. I don't want to believe that you've had it surgically removed.:)
  • (and it's actually just the Century Select Small Cap fund with a new name and the addition of a co-manager)
  • Let's be pedantic for a minute: "congress" also means the "act of coming together," and "sexual intercourse." What could possible be wrong with that? It sure sounds better than "Rondure."
  • Mr Snowball

What the MFO take on this fund....?
  • I guess there's no official position and very limited inquiry. That said, I'm not sure what would draw you to it. It's got a high correlation to its index (96-97 against the Russell 2000 Growth index over the past 3-, 5- and 10-year periods) despite a high active share. Over the past decade, its trailed its peers by 1.7% annually while offering very, very marginal gains in downside protection. Standard deviation, downside deviation, Ulcer Index, and bear market deviation are all within a point of its peers. All of the risk-adjusted metrics (Sharpe, Sortino, Martin) are lowered than its peers. The adviser receives relatively rich compensation (95 bps) for its services, which leads to a noticeably high e.r.

On whole, why bother?