Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Scottrade Cuts Limit Order Commissions, Ups Fund Fees

FYI: Online brokerage firm Scottrade said Wednesday starting in 2005 it will begin charging a flat $7 commission on all online market and limit orders. Scottrade customers currently pay a $12 commission for all limit orders. Conversely, Scottrade said it will institute a $17 transaction fee for trades of certain no-load mutual funds after not charging such fees on any no-load funds for the past four years.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/scottrade-cuts-limit-order-commissions-ups-fund-fees/print

Comments

• Ted, this info is from 2004.
  • 2004 ?
    Still, it least this is not one of those pointless political threads... (said tongue-in-cheek)
  • @ Mark & MFO Members: A thousand pardons, I didn't read the article date. Next time the Linkster must learn to look before he leaps !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • No worries big guy, it happens to the best of us. Maybe one day Professor Snowball or msf will screw up.
  • @Ted- I'm curious as to how you even found an article that old!
  • @Old_Joe: Google search " Scotttrade cuts fees"
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Err...but surely you didn't go and search "Scottrade cuts fees". Just like I'm sure you didn't go and search "JP Morgan gets out of the mortgage business".

I would think you scout for articles by date in the first place so you can then link new stuff everyday.
  • @Ted- Thanks. I can see how that got by you- the "Copyright ©2017 MarketWatch, Inc." certainly didn't help.