Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

RSIVX/RSIIX: Steady increase in the NAV for the last few weeks

Good news? Has any one noticed a steady upward trend in the NAV of this controversial fund? I've invested a good chunk of my retirement savings in this fund. Despite the setbacks and negative ROI, I held on to the investment. It now appears that the patience of investors may be rewarded. The YTD return is 2.30%. If the trend holds, I may breakeven before the yearend.

Comments

• The reason it's rising, I sold mine a while back !
    Derf
  • Ditto that
  • Still looking to break even on this one !
  • I also helped to turn it around. Sold in March and took the loss.
  • Can you guys start a thread every month listing what are all you selling as soon as possible?:-)
  • edited May 2016
    If YTD is what matters, RSIVX still sucks compared to other multisector funds (eighth decile) and other "Low Limited" style box/short junk funds (ASHAX and MDHAX, for example - both of which are commonly available load-waived).

For most time periods, it also trails OSTIX, the fund David Sherman said at the launch of RSIVX was the existing fund closest to what he envisioned for his fund.

Since RSIVX opened, it's done considerably worse than all three of the other funds mentioned.
  • @MFO Members: By Thanksgiving Day, I think RSIVX will be a well roasted turkey !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted: "tastes like burning"
  • I'm glad I got rid of it. Replacement is PTIAX. Regret not buying more because It's no longer NTF at Schwab, drats! Strange that their municipal bond fund is still NTF.
  • I helped the fund go up as well since I just unloaded it recently. I bought RSIVX in 2013 and never did break even. Really shameful performance for a bond fund.
  • High Yield's been on a great run. I switched RSIVX for DHSTX, which has also been doing nicely. Same for my relatively similar closed end fund, BGH.
  • I'm still holding. Then again, I'm still holding FAAFX so I have unusual tolerance for punishment. Fortunately not big positions but yeah, I ain't no genius.