Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Anyone buying right now?

Thought I would start a new thread for this- I added to an existing position, NXPI and put some cash to work in VCSH, been eyeing this etf for a while since I had more cash than I normally have.

Comments

• Bought a little PRFHX today. Thinking about SPHD and a few others at the moment...
  • edited January 2016
    @slick The good news...I bought IBB yesterday early in the morning and sold it with a 7% gain! The bad news...it was in my Roth, so now I have to wait till the funds settle...that NXPI looks interesting. And still keeping an eye on BX.

Got a lot of cash in my private account, but we have to go a lot lower for me to pull that out....maybe 25 - 30% would do it.
  • edited January 2016
    No.
  • edited January 2016
    Added a little to PRNEX. Tough logging in. They must be swamped with everybody else rushing to snatch up the bargains.:)

• edited January 2016
    Made some purchases Wed and Thursday but not so happy today having done so . Having now decided I am not the greatest market timer will wait for the market to rise two days in a row. I then expect to buy the third day if the market is up as that will suggest a trend change .
  • Added to T, VZ, SCHD and took a flier on a biotech, CLDX.
  • I added to things I already own on the morning dump - JPI, HCP, OHI and RQI. Just filling out positions that I wanted to build up anyway. Sitting on a pile of green waiting for clarity.
  • edited January 2016
    @Mark
    Clarity? You're a lot more optimistic than I am.:)
  • Hank, clarity is my tequila waitress.
  • Weren't there three sisters... Faith, Hope and Clarity?
  • edited January 2016
    I bought my second buy step position today in DEQAX thinking the market would close in the 1870's but it fooled me and closed at 1880. This gives me buys at 1922 & 1880 ... next planned buy will be somewhere in the 1820 range should the markets pull back this far.
  • I may buy some RPG and maybe RSP next week on further dipping, though it may have to be on margin, oi.
  • edited January 2016
    Started a position in Roper (ROP).
  • Hi guys!
    Have added to RYSBX - WAVIX - PONDX - GLFOX. Am waiting to add to bio and healthcare since I sold a lot of it last year. But I want the market to settle more before I buy.
    God bless
    the Pudd