Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard Windsor II replacement

edited November 2015 in Fund Discussions
I already knew Manager was changing, and now fund attribution claims low predictability for future performance. Right now I'm thinking Vanguard Value Index as replacement. I would sell VWNFX before its distribution, and then buy VIVAX after its distribution.

Another options is VWNDX. However the reason I had purchase VWNFX and VWNDX in the first place was to seek manager diversity from VWELX which I also own. VWNDX is largely managed by Wellington, which of course manages VWELX.

Anyone have any suggestions for a Value fund at Vanguard for me? This is for taxable account.

Comments

• Don't know much about the tax angle, but VEIPX is one of the best V'rd LCap value funds in the last 5-10 years.
  • mrc70 said:

Don't know much about the tax angle, but VEIPX is one of the best V'rd LCap value funds in the last 5-10 years.

Good point. Even in what has been largely a "Growth" environment, this "Value" fund has done quite well. Might be a good candidate to DCA into.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • If you don't using buying a blend fund, VDIGX is probably the best at V'rd. I am fortunate enough to buy it in 2006 after M* wrote good about its new manager then. Happy with it since then. Focus is on dividend growth and not just dividend like value funds, so it ends up buying a bit on the growth side with avg P/B of the fund is close to Growth funds than value funds
  • edited November 2015
    I'm suffering from unconscious (or is it conscious) bias because of FundAttribution. I know I shouldn't simply take their word for it. After all it is an opinion and is really, a call on some active management succeeding where other's don't. VDIGX I believe is in the list of funds that are not expected to do well.
  • What is FundAttribution ? Is it a Web site that makes recommendations on MFs or you are talking about attributes of this fund based on your analysis of the fund ?
  • Please check out November from Mr. Snowball.