Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why did SEQUX drop so much when their Valeant position is now only their 10th largest one ?

Per their 6/30/15 commentary at http://www.sequoiafund.com/FundComm.pdf , Valeant shouldn't hurt them as much as it seems to be doing. Granted they have some other losers, too.

Comments

• I believe that holding table is in alphabetical order not in order of size.
  • Yikes...that is an ugly chart (SEQUX)! Looks like an EM fund!

• Per M*, on 6/31/15 VRX is 29% of SEQUX portfolio. 29% x a drop of 20% in the stock equates to about a 5.8% drop in the fund.

The % of VRX in the portfolio is likely less than the 29% reported on 6/31/15 since the stocks price dropped significantly in the last few months even before yesterday. So yeah, the 4.3% in SEQUX drop yesterday can certainly be attributed to VRX. Makes sense.
  • i like this date: 6/31/15:)
    today was quite volatile for VRX as well...
  • Hey, that's the day after my birthday, which is the last day in June... wait... something's not quite right here... lemme think about this...
  • Looks like they got rid of VRX. VRX down 7.37%, SEQUX only down 0.68%.