Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Energy?

Anyone looking at energy ETFs/stocks at these prices?

Comments

• Anyone looking at energy ETFs/stocks at these prices?

See my comments in this thread:

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/23174/bp-arco-or-chevron#latest
  • I own XLE and it's getting killed. I bought it a few months ago in my IRA.
  • edited August 2015

I own XLE and it's getting killed. I bought it a few months ago in my IRA.

Sorry, I know how it goes. I bailed on COP in the upper $50's after buying it higher. I'm not getting into oil names, but as I noted in the other thread, I'd consider some "related" names/industries. My stuff is doing mostly lousy today. I think oil could go lower and get to the point where you get real distress.

The pure plays (COP) will likely rebound more than the integrated names, but again, what's the reason for oil to rally and if it does rally due to monetary policy or something like that, look at where we are - we're near where oil was before QE1.
  • well, the main reason for oil to rally is that there ain't no reason for it to do so that anyone can see. isn't that the way it always seems to work?
  • Linter, I liked that. Then all the talking heads will come up all kinds of explanations to support it.:-)