Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Brown Capital Management International Small Company Fund in registration

Comments

• @Shadow & MFO Members: Brown Management was founded by Eddie Brown, a guest on Louis Rukeyser's Wall Street Week for many years.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • The question for me would be why I'd think this would be a winning fund. Their US small cap fund is well known with great results. But both their mid cap growth fund and their large cap international fund have failed to attract assets and have delivered mediocre results. The international fund has been better but its been feast or famine with not a lot in between.
  • International small cap is just easy pickings right now; the most inefficient market segment there is these days with maybe the exception of emerging markets small cap. Just about every manager in the market segment is outperforming by a wide margin. I think with the difficulties that managers are having in the large cap arena, more and more are looking for areas where value can still be added.
  • Hi @Ultimate_Contrarian
    You noted: "more and more are looking for areas where value can still be added."
    I agree and likely resulting to the flatline in some areas so far this year. Money looking for a new home in undervalued or neglected areas; rotations.
    Regards,
    Catch
  • @catch22, I fully agree. International small cap is definitely a neglected area for the equity portfolios of many investors, which is why, IMO, the segment remains inefficient.
  • I have to wonder how Evered, Haywood, and Steinik, the International/Global team at Brown Capital, with a modest performance record, can become adept in the international small cap arena. I dare say that a comparison their qualifications to those of the teams at Grandeur Peak, Wasatach, or Seafarer would not lead an investor to the Brown fund. If Brown was bringing in a ringer, it might be a different story.
  • I concur, they are going to have to prove themselves in the market segment before they get the nod from me.