Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DSENX secret sauce in detail

Doubtless old news to those here already interested in or holding DSENX, but a clear summary if you have not studied it:

https://materials.proxyvote.com/Approved/MC5539/20140811/PROS_218034.PDF

Comments

• Thanks @davidrmoran I own a small amount, but my guess (and I'm not sure why) is that it will not handle a down market well. Any other opinions?
  • @davidmoran: Time will tell, but so-far-so-good for the new fund.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • What Ted said. I have been looking at its behaviors during such small dips as we have had, and it looks pretty good, but that's a pretty lame sample, and naturally it is the 'time will tell' aspect that concerns. Sector rotation and judgment, yeah, let us hope they are quanting it shrewdly.
  • edited August 2014
    Not so sure how DSENX will hold during a nasty period.....;as shown against SPY reference in the below chart. May have had some help from bonds since April, but the patterns are similar, otherwise.

Chart