Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Up funds on a down day

beebee
edited October 2013 in Fund Discussions
Just wanted to hear from others on what funds showed some green for a basically red day. CAMAX (Large Cap Value) was helped by a big day with HAR (Harmon Industries) and BUFOX(Sml Cap/Micro Cap) was helped with PFPT (Proofpoint). Here are my greenies:

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Only two here (31st October, 2013:)
    MAINX +.01 cent or 0.09% Matthews Asia Strategic Income
    TRAMX +.03 cents or 0.34% TRP Africa/Middle East
  • edited October 2013
    Ha!

FAAFX -0.53%
    SIGIX -0.75%
    GE -0.87%
    BAC -1.41%
    AA -2.00%

How shall I say this...hmmm, not a good day:(.

But very glad to see some folks doing well.
  • POAGX was up .60%...this was due to some spikes on holdings that I've never heard of...which is why I love POAGX and why I've held it for many years.
  • Reply to @PRESSmUP:

This fund's performance seems consistently better than Vanguards Capital Opportunity fund which I believe is managed by Primecap as well. Is this fund available NFT? Thanks.
  • edited October 2013
    Just one here: PRFHX (high yield muni) + .09%

From the watch list (don't own) : BEARX +.36%, HSGFX +.20%
  • Reply to @hank: BEARX? Isn't that like betting on the Don't Pass Line?
  • edited October 2013
    Reply to @Charles: Our watch list is non-discriminatory - covers the good, the bad and the ugly:-):-)
  • On my list:

OBCHX, BCSIX, DSL, POAGX, MRSCX.

Looks like mostly mid/small cap funds (random luck) and some Chinese funds (with week correlation to US market).
  • Just one fund up:ISTIX + .30%
    8 stocks up: BGS, COP, COST, CTL, MCD, MMM, UNP, UTX.

But overall, portfolio dipped about .25%
  • Ya, I'm down for the day by 0.31%. .......Some monthly dividends to be paid overnight, however: DLFNX and PREMX.
  • OSTVX was up 0.07%
  • i had a few:

PSCH, health, .06%
    OSTVX, mod alloc, .07%
    HDPSX, small blend, .28%
    POAGX, .60%
    WAFMX, frontier, .98%

Go, WAFMX!
  • Reply to @bee: I hold this in a Schwab account, and there is an associated fee. Not sure about other venues.
  • Reply to @linter:
    Nice to see WAFMX move up on a down day. TRAMX, mentioned by Max, had a similar day.
  • WBLRX (Whitebox Long Short) +1.14%