Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Saba targeting a bunch of Blackrock CEFs

"BlackRock considers itself a leader in governance, but is crushing shareholder rights. Saba intends to hold BlackRock accountable for running its closed-end funds into the ground."

https://www.heyblackrock.com/

Comments

• edited May 21
    Thanks for the link @rforno. These guys are playing hardball. Similar to how some short-sellers play. As I posted elsewhere, BCAT, run by Rick Rieder gained 4% yesterday. Listened to a Weinstein Bloomberg interview in the recent past. Pretty impressive figure. Blackrock’s not his only target, but probably the largest one. I have no skin in this game - thankfully.

BTW - Weinstein runs an etf that plays this “unlocking value” game in the CEF universe - CEFS
  • I own BCAT and are happy that SABA has gotten involved. I voted for several of their directors and a change in management.

This fund should be converted to an ETF.