Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Hope you got to see something @Devo. Cloudy day here in Rochester. No sun or moon to be seen. Got pretty dark for a minute or 2, but that was the extent of our celestial experience.
  • it cleared up nicely. but literally 2 minutes before the peak, it got cloudy again. didnt get the total darkness as we were going to get 90% in any case. still, a cool experience.
  • edited April 8
    Sorry to hear that Mike. I neglected to buy the special viewing glasses before everybody sold out. Rode the bike about 90 minutes during the eclipse - same as some years earlier. You’re not supposed to look with regular sun-specs. But I dared a few glimpses and got a nice 5 or 10 second view of the sun about 30% covered by the moon. Quite remarkable. This only worked after a thin cloud passed in front of the sun and dimmed it enough to make such a view possible for me..

Generally in NW Michigan the sky’s were clear. Warmest day of the year so far - in the 60s. I was surprised by how few people I observed out watching the eclipse. Expected a lot more. (This area was rated to have 87% coverage.)
  • Total overcast in MN. Same ol', same ol'.
  • It didn't get that dark here in southern WI. & I took a few peeks through a welders glass. Now I know why I kept one for so many years.