Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

solar eclipse

Where I live near Rochester NY is smack dab in the path of the upcoming solar eclipse! Early weather forecast is a seasonal (for the area) 80% chance of cloud cover. Dam Lake Ontario. Oh, well. I may have to wait another 100 years to see it again. I believe for the US, it starts in Texas and travels northeast. Total coverage of the sun in Rochester is April 8th at 3:20 PM.

Anyone else in the path?

Comments

• edited March 30
    Yes, Rochester NY is smack in the middle. I remember the last good one here about 8 years ago. Was riding the bike paths on a clear summer day. Eerie sight. Suspect that even on a cloudy day in Rochester the darkness that slowly descends and than lifts over about a 15-20 minute period should be quite noticable.

• My daughter and her family will be tripping down to Fayetteville, Arkansas to take it in. She has a friend who lives there. Here's a NY Times article for other sites and activities.