Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

foreign revenue, median EV

after searching the forum and emailing charles, i have a long-needed ?\request for mfopremium search :

would like to someday sort funds based on whether the underlying earnings (and\or any profit metrics) are %foreign vs %u.s. (e.g., 3,5,10yr periods).
[am guessing the raw data needed may not be there for charles]
many large and mega cap funds seem classified based on HQ locale, not actual business dealings ! this seems worthless given peak globalization +/- 10 yrs, and probably even long after.

another unrelated question for all :
is there any recent reference for Enterprise Value stats (mean,median,...) for equity funds & ETFs per standard fund Category and industry classifications? the narrower, the better. (e.g., what is the median EV for specialty chemicals equity, or for holdings in a Foreign Small Blend ETF, etc..)

Comments

• @a2z. Good one.

Right. I think the current Holdings data reflects Country breakout, but yeah, I suspect by company HQ location, but I will double-check with Lipper. There is also a Currency breakout, but not sure that helps.

Encore. EV. There are elements of EV in the Portfolio and Equity metrics, but not sure that gets you there. Will follow-up with Lipper on that too.

c