Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

August Commentary: Saturday, August 12, it's alive!!

2»

Comments

• That OJ makes our O_J look bad by nick-name association.
  • Investor, I, Advisor, R, and Z-classes for that new TRP fund? I remember when they 'only' offered Investor and Advisor shares .... sheesh.

Loved loved the Scotland narrative, many thanks. You and Chip looked so happy!! (And now I want chocolate.....and scotch to wash it down with....)
  • rforno said:

(And now I want chocolate.....and scotch to wash it down with....)

Skip the chocolate!

• I saw the real OJ buying Orange Juice in a grocery store near my folks house in Buffalo years ago. This was well before he divorced his first wife.

I should asked him to autograph my Orange Juice carton, but respected his privacy!
  • David I hope Chip is getting better, but please don't over exert yourselves just to publish MFO! there are many capable other people who wrote great articles this month and while there is probably no data that pushing yourself during Covid recovery delays the recovery, why chance it?

I really enjoyed the reference to Mathers Fund.

Maybe a few other grey beards here will remember the Mathers fund and good old Henry Van der Erb. His commentaries were pretty good, ala Hussman. While I didn't put much money into the fund, his commentaries kept me from being 100% equities for a few years in my 30s, when I really should have dumped everything into the market.

I never knew Bruce ran the Mathers fund before Henry, nor did I know Van der Erb was such a jerk