Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Would any TDAmeritrade Customers mind requesting the Seafarer Funds be added as an option

edited September 2012 in Fund Discussions
within their fund stable? If you click on the customer support email option and send a quick request I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully if they hear from enough of us it will be added. I've gotten to where I really like having one stop shopping, as well as one set of paperwork. If they don't add it my the end of the year, I may just buy directly.

Comments

• I am also looking for it at TDA, though I have not yet decided whether to buy it or not.
    In addition, Vanguard, where I started, I have assets only at TDA after I moved my Trow funds there recently after they have become NTF funds there.
  • Just put in a request for SFGIX
  • TDA responded that their investment committee will consider SFGIX at their investment committee meeting in 2 weeks. Send more emails. They will ask you how much you want to invest. Assume it will be a transaction fee fund ($49 currently)
  • I already did and they did not seem to care even if I take funds out to invest directly.
  • I requested this be added months ago. No action yet, will try again in view of the upcoming I.C. meeting.
  • I see SFGIX now available at TDAmeritrade
  • Not when I tried to buy it 10-21
  • You're right, the site gives a quote but no option to purchase.
  • If one is that interest in buying a certain fund, then deal with Seafarer Funds directly. The means will justify the end. You fill out an application and send them a check, now that wasn't that hard was it ?
  • Reply to @Ted: You can even open an account via the web site and bank transfer, and never have to put pen to paper.
  • BTW, It is available in TD Ameritrade now. I checked it couple of weeks back and become investor in this fund.
  • Thanks, mrc70
    Hadn't kept up, but had some direct investment with the fund. Put in some IRA cash @ TDA. Wonder if the return will be different between the TDA and direct investment, indicating the fees they have to pay to TDA?
  • Reply to @STB65: it will not be different. they will keep the fees they have been paying to broker, the end return to you will be the same.