Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard Primecap Core Fund

Primecap Core symbol VPCCX closed to new investors today. I gather Vanguard will keep it open to Flagship clients with a yearly maximum like they do with Primecap.

Comments

• The rules are different for each fund. I believe that when Core was closed previously, Flagship customers were allowed to invest an unlimited amount, unlike the other Primecaps.

From the prospectus:
    The Fund is closed to new accounts for investors not enrolled in Vanguard Flagship Services® or Vanguard Personal Advisor Services®. Clients of these services may open new Fund accounts, without purchase limitations, in individual, joint, and/or personal trust registrations
    The $25K limit applies to existing investors who are not Flagship customers.
  • I just checked and as of the January 31, 2022 filing date, VPPCX has already been closed.
    If it was opened, I would have bought it today. This is one of those funds I wish would re-open to new investors.

https://www.vanguard.com/pub/Pdf/sp1220.pdf

• edited September 2022
    VPCCX has been closed to most new investors for a while.
    Vanguard Flagship/PAS customers can open new accounts in VPCCX without any purchase limitations.
    Vanguard Flagship customers can open new Primecap (VPMCX) or Capital Opportunity (VHCOX)
    accounts and invest up to $25K per fund account per year.
    Vanguard PAS customers can open new Primecap (VPMCX) accounts and invest up to $25K
    per fund account per year; they can open new Capital Opportunity accounts without any purchase limitations.
  • edited September 2022
    My apologies. I was in a hurry and when I opened the Vanguard page, all I read was:

Investment minimum
    Closed
    as of 09/27/2022
  • TheShadow said:

I just checked and as of the January 31, 2022 filing date, VPPCX has already been closed.
    If it was opened, I would have bought it today. This is one of those funds I wish would re-open to new investors.

https://www.vanguard.com/pub/Pdf/sp1220.pdf

Ugh, I wish I could sell you my shares. It's a serial under-performer if held in a taxable account.
  • edited September 2022
    @sfnative,

Thanks, but I have the Primecap Odyssey Funds instead since I am unable to buy into the Vanguard Primecap Funds.

@Mona,

No problem.